Aguero injures hamstring on international duty

Not that it changes anything but what was Sergio treated for at half-time versus Newcastle?
We know he had the knee knock from Palace was it that?
Argentina doc says it's a new injury and not any minor problem he had from coming off against Newcastle.
So worst case scenario he's got two troublesome hamstrings and a dodgy knee.

An abductor pain.

Not that it changes anything but what was Sergio treated for at half-time versus Newcastle?
We know he had the knee knock from Palace was it that?
Argentina doc says it's a new injury and not any minor problem he had from coming off against Newcastle.
So worst case scenario he's got two troublesome hamstrings and a dodgy knee.
But OK apart from that?.

The anger and frustration on learning the news for the first time is understandable. After him stuttering for a few weeks his 5 goal haul against Newcastle wet our lips and we couldn't wait to see him back in action against Bournmouth, finding out he's going to have a hefty lay off is a proper kick in the bollocks.
On reflection though it's not the end of the world. We have the squad to cope and as long as we can keep KDB, Silva and Fernandinho fit as well as ease Kompany back in there's no reason we can't win the games Aguero misses.

I thought if the club doctor says a player is injured,the international team can still call them up and be assessed by their own doctor?
You'd think both docs would have the same opinion,unless one has said he's quite happy for a player to play,if said player thinks he's up to it...no?
The rukes say that we can declare him injured and the national association's doctor can then examine him (which should be done in Manchester).

In cases where a club does not release their player due to an injury, the association may, through its doctor, require an examination of the player. This examination may take place at the club where the player is registered to avoid impacting the recovery period[4].

He seems to get visibly upset every time he gets injured? He's someone who clearly just loves and wants to play the game.

Aguero would be a miss for any team but we can be more than okay for a few weeks, we have options in the front positions that even Madrid can't match?

We could play 4-6-0 if we wanted and still have runners coming from all over the pace.

Bony and Iheanacho are more than good enough and will prove it if they have to.

KDB and Sterling have changed the landscape for us in terms of being overly-reliant on Kun. Our buying policy has ensured interchangeable options.
Very sensible post @tolmie's hairdoo but you won't stop the flappers, pal.

I was not in favour of leaving us with just the 3 of them knowing sergio gets a lot of injuries and Nacho would not be in the CL squad,forseeable shit we are in now

spot on and I forgot the champions league squad so we are down to just bony and sterling

Horrible news, I really feel for the lad. It must be so frustrating for him.
I fucking hate internationals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.