Aguero injures hamstring on international duty

International Matches are a joke, particularly friendlies. I think some of the players see it as a kind of a boys trip home - see mum and dad, get their washing done, pick up some nice home treats - a jar of Marmite, some Pickled Onion Monster Munch and a block of Extra Mature Cheese...

So who was the fourth striking option going to be?

We had 4 last year and 2 hardly played so that when called on they were off the pace and rusty.

The fact we play with 1 up top now means we can't have 4 strikers on the books, they know they won't get games so anyone half decent won't want to come so we'll be having a old head who's probably past it but wants high wages or we go with another kid if needs must.

Aguero, Bony then Ineacheo is more than enough talent at our disposal especially with KDB, Sterling and Silva to create plenty of chances for whoever starts up top.

All you flappers need to calm down a touch.

flapper me not at all just don't understand the lack of cover when you let 2 strikers go knowing aguero is always going to run the risk of injury and all we have is bony and sterling who have not done it this season and in the champions league. the 1 up front does not work like on Saturday in the first half vs Newcastle and when the manager put silva up with aguero the Newcastle back four shit it and could not handle aguero

for me aguero is never going to play a full season for Manchester city its just his power from standing to running its like a explosion in them first couple of stride the power must have something to do with a lot of it. the muscle its a funny thing to workout on the leg thighs the more muscle the better the power is from standing but you run the risk of blowing up when going on a longer run its just like a rubber band its strong to start but put more power into it then its will snap

I know it wouldn't do him any favours but I wouldn't play Bony against the rags. I'd be much more confident if it was Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Toure and Navas( or Nasri. )
Bony seems to hold the ball up well but he's not mobile or fluid enough.

I'm a Bony fan but i agree with this. I'd sooner see Sterling or Kelechi upfront, or even go with Sterling and Navas on the flanks with KDB and Silva as the two central figures. We don't play with a central figure anyway so i don't see why we need one.

However, if we do give Bony a run of games, It's upto the manager to change the system. We need to stop asking him to play the Kun role and allow him to play his natural game. Don't ask him to come short and beat a few men in tight spaces, let him get in the box and actually put some bloody crosses in for him to get onto. Or let him play on the edge of the box linking up with runners off him. Bony is a lot better footballer than we've seen and than people give him credit for, but until we play more to his strengths as any sane manager would do with him in the team, we won't see it from him and he'll continue to be a shadow in most games he features in.

If that's what he meant then I apologise, as for United LVG does what Ferguson did and wouldn't allow a player who's admitted to taking a knock a few weeks prior to international duty go away. Pellegrini its far too lenient and soft to tell national managers where to go.
Pellegrini, Txiki, Ferran, Khaldoon, even HRH himself; none of them have any power to "tell national managers where to go". If the national association wants player X, we HAVE to release that player, certainly for competitive games (not sure what the story is regarding the obligation for friendlies). Even if he's injured, if the country demands so, we are obliged to release him so that their medical staff can examine him. We have no choice.

The same argument could be made for Dzeko though. We can't change our style of play and expect all our creative players to dance to the tune of one player to accommodate his wishes.
Most of our success comes from intricate, incisive, quick passing around the penalty area with all the players concerned on the same wavelength.
That's why I always dreaded Milner being involved in any of the attacks because he wasn't clever enough and was predictable.
Bony is the kind of player that can capitalise on a high ball over the top and rely on a defensive mistake.

Will always be a sick note, we either put up with it. Or cash in and buy someone who lasts more than a few games in a row.

International Matches are a joke, particularly friendlies. I think some of the players see it as a kind of a boys trip home - see mum and dad, get their washing done, pick up some nice home treats - a jar of Marmite, some Pickled Onion Monster Munch and a block of Extra Mature Cheese...
.... an injury or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.