Aguero or Suarez

Interesting to see what Suarez's record is against City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United.

Aguero consistently bags against the big sides (scored against each of those this season alone), it's a close call.

One where Pool fans would go with Suarez, and City fans would go with Aguero - both equally justifiable.

Blue Coop said:
Interesting to see what Suarez's record is against City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United.

As far as I can work out.

Suarez 6 from 19.
Aguero 9 from 16 (swapping City for Liverpool).

FWIW I think Suarez is more than capable of scoring against anyone. But he is totally dominant on a flat track.

Quite happy with Aguero.

Liverpool fans must wonder when the next incident involving Suarez is going to happen, the same as we were always wondering with Tevez and Sir Joseph of Barton.

Dax777 said:
vintiz said:
Proelia said:
Any city fan who picks suarez is a tard after what aguero did for this club

Only this ^^^^^^^
Actually, that is silly. There is the factual question of who is better, and the emotional question of who do I want. I want Aguero, but Suarez is currently the better footballer.

Opinions like the above falls in the same category as rags who think Cleverly is one of the best CMs in the league. If I reckon correctly, we make fun of such dummies. So why be like them?

I can hold 2 separate ideas comfortably. 1, that I'd never swap Aguero for anyone other than Messi, and 2. That currently there is a better striker in the league called Suarez.

One does not negate the other

Well said. Only a moron would disagree with you.

Wouldn't even think of swapping Sergio for anyone.

I haven't really watched Suarez much this season but can't believe the amount of goals he's bagged at this stage considering his ban.

Don't forget Sergio hasn't reached his 'prime' yet, which is usually considered 27.

ElanJo said:
You can't really argue with Suarez' form atm, he's banging them in but he still strikes me as a bit of a "flat track bully". Maybe the stats will prove my perception wrong, and I'd be interesting in seeing them, but I can't remember him ever being brilliant against top opposition. Against Arsenal he was poor. He doesn't seem a big game player, at least not yet, whereas Kun most definitely is.

I wouldn't swap Aguero for anyone

...except Messi. But even then, Aguero is more than just a world class player for us City fans.

Or you could argue that if Aguero was MORE of a flat track bully then we'd have beaten Sunderland/Cardiff etc and be top of the league.

Nowt wrong with a flat track bully when you can't score against fucking Sunderland for the FOURTH year running.

This year Suarez goals against:
Sunderland, Palace, West Brom, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham then 1 against Everton and 2 against a Spurs side with a manager about to be sacked

Aguero:
Newcastle, 2 against the Rags, Everton, West Ham, Chelsea (crucial goal), Norwich, Spurs, West Brom, Southampton and Arsenal (only half a game)

So that's Aguero scoring against all of the current top 6 and Suarez only 1 - that says it all for me. (Spurs are not currently top 6)

It's not just about the number or type of goals, it's the importance and criticality. Aguero is head and shoulders above in this regard.

Aguero has also scored a number in the champs league this season, Suarez by contrast has only ever scored once in the champions league in his career. That is why this talk of Suarez is quite frankly ridiculous at the moment. He needs to do it for another two seasons and in the champs league to even be compared to Messi et al

Just because he has scored more goals doesn't mean he is the better all round footballer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.