Aguero or Suarez

Carver said:
Quite happy with Aguero.

Liverpool fans must wonder when the next incident involving Suarez is going to happen, the same as we were always wondering with Tevez and Sir Joseph of Barton.

Not really, too busy enjoying some of the best individual performances I've ever witnessed on an almost weekly basis to be worrying about things like that.

He's a lot calmer, a lot less frustrated this season. Basically looks happier playing football. It might be naive of me to think so but I don't think we'll see a repeat episode of his past indiscretions.

If you put all the perspective lacking sanctimonious nonsense aside that's been heavily demonstrated in this thread, it's a pretty tough call. Suarez is clearly the better player at the moment (can't imagine how some of you think Aguero is more complete, Suarez scores with both feet, his head and free kicks, works harder than anyone and is getting regular assists) but saying that, Aguero has been a huge player for you lot over the last few years and is undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the world.

I'd not swap Suarez for anyone purely due to sheer entertainment if nothing else. Aguero is a great player though, no 'but' needed for me to appreciate his ability on here.

Blue Note said:
Just because he has scored more goals doesn't mean he is the better all round footballer.
True. But Watching him suggests he is. He isn't just scoring goals, he is devastating in all other departments. Passing, decision making, movement, work rate and skill. Aguero is great, but there is nothing wrong with there being another player who is better.

Illok said:
Carver said:
Quite happy with Aguero.

Liverpool fans must wonder when the next incident involving Suarez is going to happen, the same as we were always wondering with Tevez and Sir Joseph of Barton.

Not really, too busy enjoying some of the best individual performances I've ever witnessed on an almost weekly basis to be worrying about things like that.

He's a lot calmer, a lot less frustrated this season. Basically looks happier playing football. It might be naive of me to think so but I don't think we'll see a repeat episode of his past indiscretions.

If you put all the perspective lacking sanctimonious nonsense aside that's been heavily demonstrated in this thread, it's a pretty tough call. Suarez is clearly the better player at the moment (can't imagine how some of you think Aguero is more complete, Suarez scores with both feet, his head and free kicks, works harder than anyone and is getting regular assists) but saying that, Aguero has been a huge player for you lot over the last few years and is undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the world.

I'd not swap Suarez for anyone purely due to sheer entertainment if nothing else. Aguero is a great player though, no 'but' needed for me to appreciate his ability on here.

See bold, you could have been describing Aguero here.....

I refer to my earlier posts, Aguero has simply scored more goals against better teams at critical times and for a longer period. Suarez has only scored once in the Champions league.

That's not to decry the outstanding form he is in currently but I would rather have super Sergio. Happy to let the media promote Suarez however as it's more likely that he will be the one bought by Real Madrid.

Suarez us wonderful, but can he do it at the very top level? Still remains to be seen, and as Sergio has proven this...it's a no brainer for me

A few weeks ago I would have said Aguero without hesitation. However, after witnessing Suarez's mind-blowing individual performance against Spurs I've been forced to re-consider. On present form he's got to be one of the best 3 players in the world.

Dr Jacoby said:
A few weeks ago I would have said Aguero without hesitation. However, after witnessing Suarez's mind-blowing individual performance against Spurs I've been forced to re-consider. On present form he's got to be one of the best 3 players in the world.

Spurs, who were playing like a lower table team in disarray you mean? One swallow doesn't make a summer as someone once said, and as others have rightly said, Aguero delivers against top sides, not just lower half teams, and has added scoring with his head to his extensive repetoire.
I might be forced to eat my words tonight, and he will probably score, but as I've previously said, when all teams have been played twice, and the season is over, then we will see.
Soldado was being written off a few weeks ago, but a brace in the Europa, and some fine assists for Adebeyor ( another maligned striker) has made people think again and re-evaluate, just goes to show, how quick things can change, as you said, a few weeks ago, you'd tip Aguero, why? consistency no doubt, but a one scililating game against a team in tatters ( the previously tipped title contenders until we decimated them, I may add) suddenly means Saurez is suddenly the best thing since xxxxx, from one game? its a moot point, Aguero is injured for another 4-6 weeks.
Also Aguero has scored 19 goals, lest you forget, 13 Prem, and 6 in the CL, which just goes to underline my point of his all round consistency, come back after the WC and we will see how both have faired, (if he hasn't already been purchased by Madrid )

If Suarez played for us I guarantee everyone who has said Aguero is the better player would be saying Suarez. Not saying I think he is, but it's hard getting an impartial view from a fan talking about one of his own. Pretty much every 'neutral' agrees Suarez is arguably the most in form player in the world at this moment, unfortunately for us Sergio is injured (again) so can't be be considered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.