Aguero or Suarez

Suarez is better at the moment but Aguero can reach that level in terms of goals scored, he still misses a few chances he should be scoring. Once he hits that purple patch he will be scoring loads. Suarez is however better at creating for himself which is why he is scoring this many goals right now.

Any city fan who picks suarez is a tard after what aguero did for this club

vintiz said:
Proelia said:
Any city fan who picks suarez is a tard after what aguero did for this club

Only this ^^^^^^^
Actually, that is silly. There is the factual question of who is better, and the emotional question of who do I want. I want Aguero, but Suarez is currently the better footballer.

Opinions like the above falls in the same category as rags who think Cleverly is one of the best CMs in the league. If I reckon correctly, we make fun of such dummies. So why be like them?

I can hold 2 separate ideas comfortably. 1, that I'd never swap Aguero for anyone other than Messi, and 2. That currently there is a better striker in the league called Suarez.

One does not negate the other

I find this impossible to decide who is the best, both are top class players and both do there job but do it differently, Aguero is more a team player that scores goals, Suarez is a goalscorer who is just beginning to learn how to be a team player, and right now i would go for Aguero, on the grounds that he will brings in more of his team players, but i am not sure you can say one is better than the other.

Blue Mooner said:
Can't believe any self respecting City fan would take Suarez over Aguero or actually believe he is better. Yes Suarez is in a rich vein of form (as was Kun before his injury) however, I would put Kun as a better all round player and goalscorer. Plus Aguero has done it more consistently and over a longer period of time, particularly the year we won the title.

Suaraz for me is a bit of a flat track bully, good at boosting his goal tally against the lesser teams and when there is not as much at stake (hope I am not jinxing City with that statement)

If you look at his goal scoring record 41 of his 57 goals have come against teams who are currently 13th or below in the premier league or relegated from the prem with 24 coming against Norwich, Sunderland and Wigan alone.

Don't get me wrong, he looks a superb player, but on the above basis I think Aguero is more complete. Clearly, it's subjective but I would simply not swap Aguero for any other striker in the world.

Unfortunately it's the souse and rag loving media propogating this. It amazes me that Barry seems only to have become a great midfielder since he joined Everton.

Fully agree, well said

It's like saying Liverpool are the best team at the moment, because they're top, or that Arsenal were last week, because they were top, these things need to be run out over a season, then all teams have been played 2wice, and injuries and suspensions played out.
That Suarez has just signed a new, extended contract is also a moot point, it means nothing, other than the fact that Real Madrid will have to stump up £80million to land him next summer, Liverpool are just protecting their investment.
No, there's no denying Saurez is a fantastic player, but as others have said, he's prolific against poorer teams, while Aguero produces on the biggest stage, and there's no bigger than winning the Prem with the last kick of the game!
He's also produced it in Europe too with some class finishing.
So, it's not so black and white is it! Both have scored 19 goals this season for a start, both have scored with some class finishing, but like I said, I wouldn't swap! and let's see how the season unfolds....

aguero is a great player in a great team , and therefore doesnt stand out , suarez is a great player in an average team , and he looks head and shoulders their only class player, the best compliment i could pay suarez is that the would definitely make our bench.

You can't really argue with Suarez' form atm, he's banging them in but he still strikes me as a bit of a "flat track bully". Maybe the stats will prove my perception wrong, and I'd be interesting in seeing them, but I can't remember him ever being brilliant against top opposition. Against Arsenal he was poor. He doesn't seem a big game player, at least not yet, whereas Kun most definitely is.

I wouldn't swap Aguero for anyone

...except Messi. But even then, Aguero is more than just a world class player for us City fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.