Aguero

The stretcher was a precautionary measure, once he'd got back on his feet he was trying to get past the physio and back on the pitch until he was told it wasn't happening.

robertsuki said:
From the way the leg buckled under the tackle and the initial reaction from Aguero I would say it is definitely some kind of damage to the cruciate. On the plus side however if you can recover enough within a few minutes and try to play on then I am hopeful it is not a tear or rupture of the ligament.
Believe me that a tear is a more excruciating pain than a broken leg for a short period of time and afterwards you cannot put any weight on it.
lets hope its just a strain and that he will be out for weeks rather than many months.
Fingers and toes crossed all round.

I've ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament twice and you're right there's no way that you can stand and bend your knee like aguero did. However he has got thighs the size of tree trunks so it wouldn't surprise me if he has done something serious but is immune to the pain!

Luke_mcfc said:
robertsuki said:
From the way the leg buckled under the tackle and the initial reaction from Aguero I would say it is definitely some kind of damage to the cruciate. On the plus side however if you can recover enough within a few minutes and try to play on then I am hopeful it is not a tear or rupture of the ligament.
Believe me that a tear is a more excruciating pain than a broken leg for a short period of time and afterwards you cannot put any weight on it.
lets hope its just a strain and that he will be out for weeks rather than many months.

I've ruptured my anterior cruciate ligament twice and you're right there's no way that you can stand and bend your knee like aguero did. However he has got thighs the size of tree trunks so it wouldn't surprise me if he has done something serious but is immune to the pain!

I beg to differ mate, mine snapped completely, I got up hobbled around (for over a day) and it bent quite well, the only problem was straightening it fully.

Dirty Harry said:
Luke_mcfc said:
robertsuki said:

Gotta say it don't look good. I've torn both acl's and watching sergio im not to optimistic.
Like a previous post stated you can walk and even light jog in a straight line just after it happens so thats not really any kind of indicator. Watching the way his leg went and the reaction on his face it brought back bad memory's. I hope its something less serious but im not holding my breath. good luck sergio.

On Radio 5 commentary Robbie Savage gave quite a detailed description of what the physio was actually doing whilst examining Sergios knee on the pitch. He reckoned that the physio would be moving the knee cap to ascertain the severity of the damage to the cruciate ligament and would be able to determine if it was actually snapped or just badly strained. He said the fact that Sergio could walk on it was no real indicator of how serious this type of injury could be.

He was speaking from experience of his own cruciate injuries and thought it looked serious.

I do hope Serg is okay as him missing for a month is bad but nearly a whole season would be a nightmare.......... I wait with baited breath for the first clown to come on here and say we dont need another forward because we bring in the kids in... if its bad news on tueday Bobby BUY BUY BUY!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.