Aguero??

Kun usually takes to twitter infact most our big players do win or lose with a few words don't think any have posted. Hope it's more they're pissed with themselves.

Not on half way line he won't,and that's where he was coming for the ball last night,mind you that shot he did manage was fucking close.......if only eh

obviously not on the half way line, such was his desperation that's what he was reduced too,

I thought we were better first half when Toure was on (not saying that is down to Toure). I thought our biggest failing was in not going for it at all in the last 20 mins and Aguero dropping deep did nothing to help us at all.
But Sergio only created his one chance late in the game by coming deep and finding space between the lines. Also I don't think - apart from the one chance Fernandinho had - we actually got near their box in the fist 60 mins. I loved Yaya from 2 years ago and if we had that player I believe we would have won and be looking forward to a big final. Fact is we have failed to replace certain areas and the manager will not go away from his one style of play. At least getting to the semi-final is progress in a way and I am very excited with the possibility of us having a new direction next year.

But Sergio only created his one chance late in the game by coming deep and finding space between the lines. Also I don't think - apart from the one chance Fernandinho had - we actually got near their box in the fist 60 mins. I loved Yaya from 2 years ago and if we had that player I believe we would have won and be looking forward to a big final. Fact is we have failed to replace certain areas and the manager will not go away from his one style of play. At least getting to the semi-final is progress in a way and I am very excited with the possibility of us having a new direction next year.

That chance didn't come from him dropping deep though. It came from being around the penalty area as usual. When he dropped deep he wasn't trying anything special, just the 5 yard square/backward passes that the rest of the team were doing. Him being that deep also robbed us of a player in a forward position to pass to, not that we were very successful in doing so.

The players didn't perform as well as they should have but they hadn't been drilled with any gameplan of how to win that game. If you play on the counter you usually target an area of the pitch to get success. Leicester City have done it all season. The whole side know where Vardy will be looking for the ball. When our midfielders/defence had the ball they had Yaya Toure as the only option, and he was between our centre backs. When he had the ball his options were non existent as everyone was marked. It's easy to mark someone who isn't moving. Pellegrini should have been screaming for more movement.

Aguero has been in excellent form this season but in the CL we're not getting the best out of him by leaving him isolated.
You make some good points. However, to suggest that it's Pellegrini's fault that players weren't moving, and he should have been screaming for them to move is a bit lame. Why do Professional footballers playing in a CL semi need to be shouted at to move? Unless of course they have had movement "coached out of them" by Pellers?

That chance didn't come from him dropping deep though. It came from being around the penalty area as usual. When he dropped deep he wasn't trying anything special, just the 5 yard square/backward passes that the rest of the team were doing. Him being that deep also robbed us of a player in a forward position to pass to, not that we were very successful in doing so.
This has been the season long problem - our balls into the box have been too slow and rarely beat the first man. Just thought Nacho playing further forward helped Sergio but I agree he had a quiet game and seemed in awe of Pepe which is odd. He seems better when he is facing goal and gets shots off quickly, shame that Bony has been so useless because I hoped he would have given us a physical presence against centre halves like Pepe and Ramos, but we all know how that has gone!

This has been the season long problem - our balls into the box have been too slow and rarely beat the first man. Just thought Nacho playing further forward helped Sergio but I agree he had a quiet game and seemed in awe of Pepe which is odd. He seems better when he is facing goal and gets shots off quickly, shame that Bony has been so useless because I hoped he would have given us a physical presence against centre halves like Pepe and Ramos, but we all know how that has gone!

We've never really given Bony a chance to prove that he isn't useless though. He is useless if we play him the way we have been doing but we don't play to his strengths at all. We just continue to play as if he was Aguero or Silva which really doesn't give him much of an opportunity to show what he can do. I suspect he'll be gone in the Summer and prove to be a very decent player for a club that utilises him better, just as he had been for all clubs e'd played for before us.

Kuns body language suggests he isn't happy with something, is his private life in a rough patch ?? Something seems to be playing on his mind at the moment . Kun to barca to play with messi and we get neymar ??? Stranger things have happened.

Ian Holloway just called Aguero the best player in the world on sky sports news. Must have been watching another game to me last night

Kuns body language suggests he isn't happy with something, is his private life in a rough patch ?? Something seems to be playing on his mind at the moment . Kun to barca to play with messi and we get neymar ??? Stranger things have happened.

LOL,your right mate,you never know,but let's just get this job in hand over with before we start fantasy football time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.