Aguero??

The most alarming thing that occured to me last night was not his poor performance because every player goes through a bad spell but his lack of work rate or ability to sacrifice himself for the team which showed that he is not a team player. Say what you want about both tevez and suarez but last year in the semi finals both completely sacrificed their games in order to get to the finals. Even ronaldo who was half fit was pressing our back 4 towards the end. If aguero carries on with this attitude he won't last 5 minutes under pep, who is not afraid to drop fan favourites as he has this this season with muller and Lewandowski. Aguero should have stayed around the box the whole game to allow his teammates to get around him

he had no service, its happened many times this season, were very slow in the build up,gives teams the chace to get back in numbers that's one reason we struggle to break teams down, I hate the way mp has the team playing with just aguero up front , ok for some games but most of the time is pretty crap
The folly of starting the season with 2 senior strikers and exacerbated by injuries to our playmakers in particular Silva.

Kun has had little impact this Season against far worse defences than last night. He barely laid a glove on Lucas ,Smalling, Huth et al. Using him as one up top without the strength of a defensive and midfield unit pushing up behind him is woeful and an indictment of how far we've slumped. We have neither control or pace as an attacking side but are a disjointed array with a midfield of joggers and a defence on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Kun is a world class striker and I would expect more (Tevez) from him in closing down and making space at times but bloody hell he must be pissed off seeing balls fizzing at him at head height and no City player within 25 yards.

I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread!

There are a few reasons his performance has dipped. One of them is that he has no support whatsoever, Pepe and Ramos are experienced players, he cannot just run after them or he'd have been burnt out after 15 minutes. HE needs someone up there with him

Also, the build-up play(if you can call it that) is so slow he's marked by the time the ball gets there. Couple that with no support and you have the reasons why he comes deep. Him coming deep, no-one running past him and slow play is the reason that we could still be playing now and not have scored

Kun was awful in both legs but he has no support. Our midfield is atrocious, Fernando this, Fernandinho that, they are both not good enough at this top level. They dont defend and they dont attack, our defenders are left with nobody in front of them and our attackers are starved of any support. We are so disjointed in the middle of the park it is unreal.

I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread!

There are a few reasons his performance has dipped. One of them is that he has no support whatsoever, Pepe and Ramos are experienced players, he cannot just run after them or he'd have been burnt out after 15 minutes. HE needs someone up there with him

Also, the build-up play(if you can call it that) is so slow he's marked by the time the ball gets there. Couple that with no support and you have the reasons why he comes deep. Him coming deep, no-one running past him and slow play is the reason that we could still be playing now and not have scored
Exactly - it was the decision to start with an immobile Yaya that cost us - look at the performance once the change was made, Sergio dropped deeper and had one great shot. Manager selection was why we lost the game. Missed opportunity because I didn't think Real were that good. Lack of preparation and wrong to play Yaya in such a big game after such a poor season.

He's clearly pissed off with the lack of support he's getting. If pellers was to stay next season, I could see him handing in a transfer request. And rightly so.

Thankfully that isn't the case.

He had to play midfield to get a touch last night because he was marked by 4 defenders. The closest city player to him was 30 yards further back and was called yaya toure. Give it a go see how you get on....

Both kdb an augero were poor not because they are shit players because Madrid management had a plan to nullify our play. They were swamped by Madrid as soon as a ball came near them. It's called studying the opposition and finding their weaknesses and strengths and plan accordingly.

Our plan was go out and play football as best you can.we won't have even watched Madrid videos or had any plan. Same as Southampton. The manager does not give a fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.