Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

Corky said:
pudge said:
Corky said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/2009/november/micah-richards-scores-against-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/team-news/20 ... st-arsenal</a> after the panel decision.

Just looked at the Dzecko one, even if the keeper did get a touch before the post there is no telling it was going in.
Hence why Dzeko's was an own goal as it's doesn't go in without hitting the keeper but there's been debates before on here with people claiming it's his.

I look at Aguero's and think it's the same as if Howard parries that shot out and it hits an Everton defender and goes in.

They are on the strikers side though more than they used to be, it wouldn't have been given 10 years ago but I believe it will be given in a month or so's time.

I'll wait and see what the panel says.
Well if Yaya got his against West Ham a few seasons ago it wouldn't surprise me that much to see Aguero get credit for his, and I hope he does.

pudge said:
Corky said:
pudge said:
Hence why Dzeko's was an own goal as it's doesn't go in without hitting the keeper but there's been debates before on here with people claiming it's his.

I look at Aguero's and think it's the same as if Howard parries that shot out and it hits an Everton defender and goes in.

They are on the strikers side though more than they used to be, it wouldn't have been given 10 years ago but I believe it will be given in a month or so's time.

Well if Yaya got his against West Ham a few seasons ago it wouldn't surprise me that much to see Aguero get credit for his, and I hope he does.

The shot was on target. The keeper attempted to save it. The attempt was unsuccessful. Ball ended up in the back of the net. Aguero's goal.

hgblue said:
pudge said:
Corky said:

The shot was on target. The keeper attempted to save it. The attempt was unsuccessful. Ball ended up in the back of the net. Aguero's goal.
But he did save it, hence why it has gone down as a missed penalty for the moment.

pudge said:
hgblue said:
pudge said:

But he did save it, hence why it has gone down as a missed penalty for the moment.

The save isn't completed until the ball is in the keeper's hands, it's touched by another outfield player or the ball goes out of play. This will be awrded to Aguero.

hgblue said:
pudge said:
hgblue said:

The save isn't completed until the ball is in the keeper's hands, it's touched by another outfield player or the ball goes out of play. This will be awrded to Aguero.
The save is completed when the ball goes off target, which is what happens when it hits the post.

He missed the penalty and the rebound hit Howard and went in, without the rebound off of him it comes back into play after being diverted off target. Own goal as it stands but history proves it might be changed but I doubt it.

pudge said:
hgblue said:
pudge said:

The save is completed when the ball goes off target, which is what happens when it hits the post.

He missed the penalty and the rebound hit Howard and went in, without the rebound off of him it comes back into play after being diverted off target. Own goal as it stands but history proves it might be changed but I doubt it.

We shall see.

BringBackSwales said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
It will go down as an OG under the rules. As much of the fuss that Hart gets, Howard had an awful game. Btw I think Yaya should be taking PK's. Dzeko has missed his last couple of PK's, and Aguero sold his too easily today.

Previously Sergio has missed exactly how many penalties for City?

That is results orientated thinking and it doesn't always work. Just because he's not missed one yet doesn't mean he's a good penalty taker and personally his technique doesn't fill me with confidence.

If a shot is on target the player gets the goal even if its deflected or put in by an opposition player we all know that but should this penalty situation be the same as from my view it was on target and Howard tipped it onto the post it hit him then went in so the original shot was on target or does it change the rule having come back off the post? Anybody know?

pudge said:
hgblue said:
pudge said:

Well that's true, but one could argue that Howard wouldn't have been in a position for the ball to rebound off him had he not gotten down to divert the shot in the first place. But oh well, let's just leave it to the panel.

SuperYaya said:
BringBackSwales said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
It will go down as an OG under the rules. As much of the fuss that Hart gets, Howard had an awful game. Btw I think Yaya should be taking PK's. Dzeko has missed his last couple of PK's, and Aguero sold his too easily today.

Previously Sergio has missed exactly how many penalties for City?

That is results orientated thinking and it doesn't always work. Just because he's not missed one yet doesn't mean he's a good penalty taker and personally his technique doesn't fill me with confidence.

I agree with you. He's struck quite a few 'poor' penalties that I call 50/50 ones. I.e. if the keeper goes the right way then he'll save it. Quite fortunate really that the keepers have guessed incorrectly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.