Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

How can it be an og?

Aguero's shot was on target, Howard got a hand to it, but couldn't keep it out.

If Aguero had hit the post, and then it had rebounded off his back into the net, it should be an og, but Aguero's shot was going in.

Same scenario as a deflected shot. If the shot is on target, dubious goal's committee would credit it to the goalscorer

Upon reflection, I agree with Chris and Marvin. If the initial shot was on target (as it was) then surely whatever intervening acts follow from that, the principle should be that it's credited to the attacking player. If a shot (that was on target) deflected off two players on its way to hitting the post and rolling in then surely it should still be credited to the attacking player. If so, the same principle should apply here.

Marvin said:
How can it be an og?

If Aguero had hit the post, and then it had rebounded off his back into the net, it should be an og, but Aguero's shot was going in.

Same scenario as a deflected shot. If the shot is on target, dubious goal's committee would credit it to the goalscorer
It was saved the ball was pushed onto the post rolled back hit Howard and rolled in therefore it has to be an own goal

This is from a FIFA fact sheet on own goals at the World Cup.
"Own goals are rare in FIFA World Cup finals and they are often surrounded by confusion about whether the attacker should be awarded the goal or not. To help resolve these kinds of issues, FIFA published guidelines in 1997 classifying an own goal as when a player plays the ball directly into his own net or when he redirects an opponent’s shot, cross, or pass into his own goal. Shots that are on target (i.e. goal-bound) and touch a defender or rebound from the goal frame and bounce off a defender or goalkeeper are not considered own goals."
So that’s how own goals are determined in World cup games.
Best not to mess about though and just blast it in like Franny Lee used to!

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Marvin said:
How can it be an og?

It was saved the ball was pushed onto the post rolled back hit Howard and rolled in therefore it has to be an own goal
It wasn't saved then was it. It was deflected onto the post and then into the net

See post from granddad

Marvin said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Marvin said:
How can it be an og?

It wasn't saved then was it. It was deflected onto the post and then into the net

See post from granddad
I can't see any posts from oakie in this thread ;-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
dw7 said:
If it was a shoot out in a cup game would be given as a miss ?
I believe it would, or rather should now, but I do remember in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico someone scored in those circumstances and the goal was given. As I said I think the rules have been since changed (relatively recently iirc) for shootouts so that as soon as the ball projects away from the goal it is dead.

Happy to be corrected on this.

just checked the laws as I was unsure on this!
still none the wiser as it's not mentioned either directly or indirectly

I'd assume a goal scored like that in a shoot out would be fine but I'm not 100 % sure

es1 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
dw7 said:
If it was a shoot out in a cup game would be given as a miss ?
I believe it would, or rather should now, but I do remember in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico someone scored in those circumstances and the goal was given. As I said I think the rules have been since changed (relatively recently iirc) for shootouts so that as soon as the ball projects away from the goal it is dead.

Happy to be corrected on this.

just checked the laws as I was unsure on this!
still none the wiser as it's not mentioned either directly or indirectly

I'd assume a goal scored like that in a shoot out would be fine but I'm not 100 % sure
It'd be fine in a penalty shootout, to the best of my knowledge. As long as there is no ''second phase'' (egg chasing alert!), for instance Kun (or any other player) putting in a rebound after hitting the post or having the spot kick saved.
After reading some of the replies since my last post, I'm not sure whether Kun will be given the goal or not!

:/

Chris in London said:
Aguero's penalty was on target and was heading into the goal. Howard got fingertips to it and turned it onto the post, but not in such a way as to prevent the ball going into the net.

Wha? He did 'prevent the ball going into the net' hence why it came out onto the back of his head.

Marvin said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Marvin said:
How can it be an og?

See post from granddad
Had it not then hit Howard it wouldn't have gone in without another touch. Can imagine the dubious goals panel will rule eventually but cannot see it being changed to Aguero's goal annoying for me as Kun is my Fantasy football captain i've lost points because of it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.