Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

gordondaviesmoustache said:
pee dubya said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
In theory, I guess it wouldn't count. However, whether the ref had the presence of mind or mental dexterity to disallow it is another matter!
And in theory if the ball went forward slightly off the keeper, but then backspin caused it bounce back over the line, technically that shouldn't count either?

Your rule's crap.
I fear I have less influence over FIFA rule making than you seem to believe.

And no that wouldn't count either.
I don't care, i'm now forever associating you with this shitty rule.

Og unfortunately. He would have scored the rebound as well.

They're saying on "Goals on Sunday" that Aguero will get it. The rule has changed so that it goes in off the keeper after hitting a post its not an og.

Howard has annoyed me intensely with his time-wasting in previous City-Everton games so if it is an og that's OK too

cibaman said:
They're saying on "Goals on Sunday" that Aguero will get it. The rule has changed so that it goes in off the keeper after hitting a post its not an og.

The ball was on target so it has to be Sergios goal..If it would have hit the post first it wouldnt have been on target..

Thats how I see it.

cibaman said:
Just saw that. Good news if true.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I'm With Stupid said:
Yep, if you have Aguero in your Fantasy Football team, you lost 2 points for the missed penalty too.

I remember this happening in a World Cup game once, and the goal going to Rooney (?) despite actually going in off the back of the goalkeeper.

The classic case was in the penalty shoot out between France and Brazil in the Mexico world cup of 1986. A French penalty taker, Bellone, did almost the same thing: his penalty hit the post (the 'keeper was nowhere near it) but the ball rebounded on to the 'keeper's head and into the net. The referee awarded the score and France won the shoot out. But FIFA ruled that in future the ball had to go into the net without contact with any other player after hitting the wood work to cont as a penalty score. So poor old Tim scored an o.g.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nhvqIjgQ04[/youtube]

No, they backed the referee up and made the rule less ambiguous:

The Scottish FA, as a member of the IFAB asked for clarification. At the time the rule stated:
"The game shall terminate immediately the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper, the cross-bar or the goal-post".

You could argue both ways saying that once it hit the post the ball was dead. (then what of a ball that hits the post and goes in, that should be dead too). You could also say that a rebound covers when the ball comes out and away from the goal (But what about a ball that then goes on to spin back?)

Listen to Motty & Jimmy Chin's debate, both have valid points. 4 min in, Bruno Bellone penalty. You might also enjoy Michel Platinis ;-)

The rule was changed to:
"When a penalty kick is being taken during the normal course of play, or when time has been extended at half-time or full-time to allow a penalty-kick to be taken or retaken, a goal shall not be nullified if, before passing between the posts and under the cross-bar, the ball touches either or both of the goalposts, or the cross-bar, or the goalkeeper, or any combination of these agencies, providing that no other infringement has occurred."

The rule was changed again in the 97-98 season to reflect the spirit of the game to:
"No matter how many combinations of goalpost, crossbar, goalkeeper's body parts etc. are involved, if the ball ends up in the goal because of the energy imparted onto it by the kicker's boot, a goal should be allowed."

So this now reinforces that the penalty is not over until the ball is not going to cross the line. However, don't forget, the penalty is over when the referee says so.

As for credit for Aguero/ O.g. initially I thought o.g. but now I'm not so sure because deflections off the goalkeeper may not count.

Lancet Fluke said:
Am I alone in not giving a shit who it is credited to?

If the golden boot was between the rapist or Sergio and yesterdays penalty was the decider,would you give a shit then??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.