Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

Negredo's shot for his goal was going wide as well so it should be 2 OGs for Howard, haha!<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:46 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
How can it be an og?

Aguero's shot was on target, Howard got a hand to it, but couldn't keep it out.

If Aguero had hit the post, and then it had rebounded off his back into the net, it should be an og, but Aguero's shot was going in.

Same scenario as a deflected shot. If the shot is on target, dubious goal's committee would credit it to the goalscorer
The ball was saved onto the post and came back into play then Howard scored a own goal.

robinhood CITY said:
All the reports for the Everton match are saying the penalty was a Tim Howard OG.So this mean this is Sergios 1st penalty miss for city as he's not been credited with the goal

What a bile of pollocks!

Did the score change from 2-1 to 3-1? Yes, it did, so we scored.

How the hell then can it be classed as a missed penalty?

Next you'll be telling us we should buy a whole new back-four because we didn't keep a clean sheet!

I'm With Stupid said:
Yep, if you have Aguero in your Fantasy Football team, you lost 2 points for the missed penalty too.

I remember this happening in a World Cup game once, and the goal going to Rooney (?) despite actually going in off the back of the goalkeeper.

The classic case was in the penalty shoot out between France and Brazil in the Mexico world cup of 1986. A French penalty taker, Bellone, did almost the same thing: his penalty hit the post (the 'keeper was nowhere near it) but the ball rebounded on to the 'keeper's head and into the net. The referee awarded the score and France won the shoot out. But FIFA ruled that in future the ball had to go into the net without contact with any other player after hitting the wood work to cont as a penalty score. So poor old Tim scored an o.g.

Dubious Goal Panel will rule it as Aguero's goal as it was initially on target.

Micah Richards anybody?

Aguero's first miss for city and to say he shouldn't be taking them is a bit extreme. He's got a good record keep with him.

wythenshaweblue£££ said:
Aguero's first miss for city and to say he shouldn't be taking them is a bit extreme. He's got a good record keep with him.
Has it actually gone to the dubious goals panel yet? if not, I presume it will.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
dw7 said:
If it was a shoot out in a cup game would be given as a miss ?
I believe it would, or rather should now, but I do remember in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico someone scored in those circumstances and the goal was given. As I said I think the rules have been since changed (relatively recently iirc) for shootouts so that as soon as the ball projects away from the goal it is dead.

Happy to be corrected on this.
So if a goalkeeper got a hand to the ball, but say palmed it onto his own foot and back in, that wouldn't count because initially it went forward?

pee dubya said:
dw7 said:
If it was a shoot out in a cup game would be given as a miss ?
I believe it would, or rather should now, but I do remember in the 1986 World Cup in Mexico someone scored in those circumstances and the goal was given. As I said I think the rules have been since changed (relatively recently iirc) for shootouts so that as soon as the ball projects away from the goal it is dead.

So if a goalkeeper got a hand to the ball, but say palmed it onto his own foot and back in, that wouldn't count because initially it went forward?
In theory, I guess it wouldn't count. However, whether the ref had the presence of mind or mental dexterity to disallow it is another matter!

pee dubya said:

In theory, I guess it wouldn't count. However, whether the ref had the presence of mind or mental dexterity to disallow it is another matter!
And in theory if the ball went forward slightly off the keeper, but then backspin caused it bounce back over the line, technically that shouldn't count either?

Your rule's crap.

pee dubya said:
pee dubya said:
And in theory if the ball went forward slightly off the keeper, but then backspin caused it bounce back over the line, technically that shouldn't count either?

Your rule's crap.
I fear I have less influence over FIFA rule making than you seem to believe.

And no that wouldn't count either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.