Aguero's penalty

Re: Agueros penalty

samharris said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Am I alone in not giving a shit who it is credited to?

If the golden boot was between the rapist or Sergio and yesterdays penalty was the decider,would you give a shit then??

Not overly. I'd be more likely to blame the two glorious chances he fucked up yesterday.

For the purposes of Fantasy Premier League and betting purposes the penalty was officially an own goal.

If the dubious goals panel later rule otherwise it's still an o.g. for betting (Paddy Power) and FPL purposes.

If that were a penalty shoot out, would it have counted?

May be a bit of a silly question but was raised at a friends house and a he suggested that a keeper can't score in a penalty shoot out and that it would go down as a miss.

I thought otherwise. Who's correct?

Goo said:

May be a bit of a silly question but was raised at a friends house and a he suggested that a keeper can't score in a penalty shoot out and that it would go down as a miss.

The balls in the net. It's a goal. Apparently the dubious goals panel will sit on this one and it will be given to Sergio.

Goo said:

See my post on the previous page. It would be a goal. Credit for the goal, we don't know and whether it should be different for a shoot out.

Shirley said:
robinhood CITY said:
All the reports for the Everton match are saying the penalty was a Tim Howard OG.So this mean this is Sergios 1st penalty miss for city as he's not been credited with the goal

I can't recall any other penalty being credited as an own goal, who makes this decision the ref or some official sat in the stands?

Gotta be an own goal. It wasn't going in until Howard started a game of head tennis!

samharris said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Am I alone in not giving a shit who it is credited to?

If the golden boot was between the rapist or Sergio and yesterdays penalty was the decider,would you give a shit then??
I wouldn't care too much, no. Individual accolades mean next to nowt.

-- Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:28 pm --

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Aguero took a penalty that Howard failed to save. Simple Aguero's goal.
Howard did save it, onto the post, then it came back into play and Howard scored an own goal with his head.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:32 pm --<br /><br />Anyone else think our first goal was a Tim Howard own goal too? Alvaro's shot was going wide until Howard deflected it into the net.

It was on target so it will be given to Sergio, just like Micah's header in the 4-2 v Arsenal.

I am often confused about these rules.
(Not that I really care as long as it is counted as a goal for City.)

But accoring to the rules why shouldn't Negredo's goal be considered an OG as well?
The ball is initially not on target. It is deflected by Howard's legs and then goes in.
You can see that clearly in this video:
<a class="postlink" href="http://rutube.ru/video/ac18c166e632deb18bac71a960f592bd/?ref=logo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://rutube.ru/video/ac18c166e632deb1 ... /?ref=logo</a>

Is this an OG or not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.