Air fryer tips

I was thinking more because over here it gets mighty hot and humid in the house in the summer and the last thing I want to do is turn the oven on.
Sometimes the bbq is a pain but another alternative might be the answer.
We have a place that we go to in the summer that doesn't have air conditioning. I made the mistake of using the oven once. It took two days to get the place back down to a reasonable temperature.
Do you know anyone with one over there? They might be able to advise?

All I’ll say is that we still need to put our heating on over here, even if it were on 24/7.

I’d suggest that it should be fine, but I guess it would depend on tolerance too.

A great tool and use it almost daily.

Makes great chips without deep fat frying.

Peel and thick cut, par boil, but not allow them to get soft. Dry and put in a tupperware container, add a sprinkle of olive oil and shake up to cover the potatoes with the oil. Give them a sprinkling of corn starch and shake again.

Ours is a Ninja whatever, top temp 400 degrees.

Cook for 10 mins on 350, shake up and cook for 10 mins at 400. Depending on how you like them, perhaps shake and cook a bit more for 2 or 3 minutes.

As for chicken breast.

Pull out a piece of foil and lay out on the counter.

Smear some butter over the centre of the foil area about the size of the chicken breast and add seasoning.

Place chicken breast on the centre surface and add seasoning over the top of the breast. Then liberally drizzle honey over the chicken breast.

Pull the foil around/over the chicken breast to seal it tight, BUT make sure it's done in a way that it is sealed, but doesn't leak any accumulated liquid. The liquid can be added to a gravy.

I usually cook a single chicken breast for 15-20 minutes depending on the size.

When cooked, peel back the foil to expose the meat and cook for further 2 minutes.

You should end up with a roasted exterior and a moist succulent interior.

Pork steaks, fish and sausages can be cooked the same, but adjust the period of time required accordingly.

Also, par boil veggies, allow to dry, shake around in a container with a little olive oil and into the air fryer. and roast. Gives them a new dimension. Note, some veggies 'roast' quicker than others.

Happy cookin'.
Chicken wings are excellent too. Coated with seasoned baking powder cook from 20 mins or so. Serve with salad and creme fraiche

Just burnt them in for 30! Schoolboy error now I know.
Some of cooking times are a bit of guesswork and trial and error. Making it tricky to coordinate. For wings I actually do 3 of 8 mins. Often do a roast meat (mainly whole chicken or crown) which when cooked stayes warm for ages allowing time to do roast potatoes.

Timings (and co ordination - operator error common for me) also model dependant.

Some of cooking times are a bit of guesswork and trial and error. Making it tricky to coordinate. For wings I actually do 3 of 8 mins. Often do a roast meat (mainly whole chicken or crown) which when cooked stayes warm for ages allowing time to do roast potatoes.

Timings (and co ordination - operator error common for me) also model dependant.
How long you putting a chicken in for and what temp, usually one just under 2kg is around 90 mins at 180 in an oven.

I just Google anything new and choose from what comes up. There’s loadsa stuff out there.

My own favourites include quiche, fried aubergines, home made sausage rolls and sweet potato fries - not all together though.

We have a ninja 11 in 1.
Bit more sophisticated than an “air fryer” though it has an air fryer function.
Experience shows you have to relearn cooking times and temperatures.
It’s far faster than a traditional oven when air frying.
Which is why I advise reading the manual.
We had the 15 in 1, lasted 18 months, then broke, out of warranty, Ninja can't arsed trying to fix it, they gave me a discount on a new machine, bought the Ninja Speedi, but nowhere near as good or flexible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.