AJ not cutting it?

I thought he wasnt at his best today, a couple of impressive cameo's but still wont challenge for headers, go in for tackles etc.

If your not prepared to do the donkey work you need to be creating and scoring and performing in other ways. If not youre a passenger.

Still think he has something to offer in the run in as we do need width and he offers the threat of beating a player few others offer.

For AJ being part of potentially a championship winning team will be the pinnacle of his career. He should be busting a gut to get involved and competing for everything.

His is a position we could upgrade at a cost of anywhere from around £7million (Hoilett) to £30million (Hazard, Di Maria) depending just how important the role of winger is for us. Johnson has his moments and did quite well against Fulham but overall is just an average winger and there are players out there who would offer more in that role with superior speed and skill. His lack of pace and especially acceleration are fatal, at one point today a top winger could have been free down the right with acres of space but Johnson just couldn't get out of the blocks and Dunne took care of him easily.

poor again today.

he isnt good enough in my opinion.

we need to improve our wing options, and in my opinion hopefully somebody with real pace and trickery.

hope aj really proves me wrong

I just think this is as good as he is going to get. He is only dangerous on the edge of the 18 yard with his ball skills. If he's on the touchline 40 yard out theres no way he has the pace or stamina to get past the defenders. He is the slowest winger I think I've ever seen but he has bags of skills..its very frustrating to watch. If we could have that little Dyer fella from Swansea he would fit in nicely.

moan moan moan seriously threads like this make it look as if we didnt win, why cant we just have a win on here without one thing that isnt right all the time

bluebannana said:
moan moan moan seriously threads like this make it look as if we didnt win, why cant we just have a win on here without one thing that isnt right all the time

Its a forum to discuss things about City. Players performance and the game will be a big part of that. Its not a moan just a discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.