Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Matty said:
black mamba said:
Blue and Proud said:
We are now in the knockout stage - If we don't win the next 3 UCL games then we are out. Simple as...

Don't kid yourself B&P ......

we are out NOW!

Even if we do manage to somehow win our three remaing fixtures , it won't stop Dortmund and Madrid going through .
Actually if we win our 3 games we'll likely qualify. Winning all 3 will give us 10 points.

Dortmund can get a maximum of 13 if we beat them.

Madrid can get a maximum of 12 if we beat them.

Ajax can get a maximum of 9 if we beat them.

However Dortmund and Madrid can't both get their maximum as they need to play each other.

Dortmund beat Madrid will mean 13 points for Dortmund and 9 for Madrid.

Madrid beat Dortmund will mean 12 points for Madrid and 10 for Dortmund (we'd need to get superior goal difference to finish above Dortmund)

If Madrid and Dortmund draw then Dortmund get 11 points and Madrid get 10 points (we'd need to get superior goal difference to finish above Madrid).

Of course, we'll never win all 3 games. We'll be lucky to pick up 5 points, let alone the 9 we need.
Goes on head to head does it not if you're level on points?

Re: We can still do it!!

Marvin said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!
I think that's what will happen. We then have to manage at least a draw at home to real Madrid and then it will all come down to a one off game in Dortmund.

Beat Dortmund and finish above them on head to head.

Not our best performance and embarrassing at times but not as embarrassing as some of the posts on here, that is all.

Re: We can still do it!!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!
Playing like we have in the CL this past two seasons? And then go to Dortmund and win, having seen them chase us all over the Etihad earlier this month? Hmm.

I think we were outplayed by Ajax and by the end of the game we looked like we were running on empty.

I think people forget that they are a good team and Borussia Dortmund - who beat Real Madrid tonight - only beat Ajax in the last minute.

The sad thing is that for all our star names we have been outplayed in all 3 games and we are leaking goals and not putting away our chances at the other end.

I just hope we can pick ourselves up for Saturday tea time and get 3 points against Swansea because our confidence will have taken a dent tonight.

morleyswife said:
bapi said:
I don't wanna look like some plastic fan but
this match is a complete disgrace! Mancini
should offer his position and Nasri his
wages! City spent around 308M under
Mancini but they can lose with this Ajax
side?! Really?!

I smell raggy.

There are a lot of raggy smells on here tonight - some very odd comments from so called supporters.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Mancini needs to wake up and smell the coffee, if he wants to last the season.

Yaya, great player on his day, but those days are getting rarer, as he ages his bursts will only be more scarce, lazy and ran rings around in mindfield, if we get a good offer we should sell. Barry has proved he is useless in europe especially next to Yaya, time to actually get some genuine CMs like Coutinho or dynamic DM like Paulinho.Mancini's reluctance to even consider the merits of wingers has left us with no outlet on the wings and made us impotent at counter-attacking and place higher burden on playing well to even stand a chance of getting points.

Mancini's poor record in European competition was his undoing at Inter and it will be here, his insidtence that there are no tactical evolutions to come in football seems silly and misplaced, particularly when he keeps playing 3 at the back against 4-3-3, it does n't work, that was found out years ago so stop doing it. Kompany seems no where near the level he was, it might be time to move him on as well. We broke new ground over the last 2 years, this team was great at times but now no ones playing well, they all seem like a spent force, maybe it is time to smash it up and start again, take the captaincy of VK, sell Mario and Edin buy a poacher like Jackson Martinez and a flair striker like Jovetic, get some width some genuine CMs, more runners and athletes, less Yaya and nasri types and get a solid no nonsense experienced CB who will comand his defence and strike fear into opponents. Some people said we should go back to playing like we did last season, the worrying thing is that does n't look possible; the solution is we either go all out to possesion football and abandon Barry and Yaya or we go to dynamism a high emphasis on pressing running counter attacking, no more static DMs, 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 rather than whatever that was tonight.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.kneejerk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.kneejerk.com</a>

The only thing about Yaya is that he should have been taken off when he got that gash on his ankle. He IS our best player.

In fact, reading through your second paragraph, all I can see is ........... RAG?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.