Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

pauldominic said:
You're all youngsters if you think City will assault the Crown Prince of UEFA and his cosy club in two years.

Roberto is perfectly capable of the role.

It used to be called the European Cup, but life has changed since then.

My answer is to keep the faith and put our trust in Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon-al-Mubarak and the Club.

Well said mate - this is the first 'supporters' comment I've read on this thread (though I've not read every page so my apology to any others who have acted like fans in their response to this moment of adversity).

We can still do it!!

I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!

Re: Reality Check.

1. We aren't as good as we think
2. The Premier League isn't as good as we think
3. We underestimate and underrate a lot of leagues and teams on the continent
4. - and the biggest one - we have a squad full of slow players (when we played Dortmund the other week I noticed they didn't have one slow player, at all).

That's what I've taken from the Champions League in two seasons.

Bluedancer said:
Really disappointed but CL is very different to our premier league and look at how the other English teams have struggled with inferior teams and groups. Let's not forget we are in the group of death!!
Rome wasn't built in a day........and it's not over till the fat lady sings!! Believe :)

That's why we'll win fuck all, we're the inferior team, mentally and technically. Mentally we are a weak unit when it comes to the Champions League. Totally out played. We need to start playing like the underdogs and work harder.

Re: We can still do it!!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!

Just been doing the sums myself...still think we are screwed but got to give it a go havent we!!

Re: We can still do it!!

I admire your optimism but having watched the last 3 CL games it isn't very likely is it?
Think a Dortmund win in Madrid would help us more to be honest.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I think the owner has a very big decision to make.

Is he happy with his lot so far, or does he decide to take action before it is beyond fixing.

Mancini should be sacked on tonight's evidence, running out of excuses, useless trying to deflect the blame.

There are few suitable candidates but Guardiola is open to the right offer.

-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 pm --

I think the owner has a very big decision to make.

Is he happy with his lot so far, or does he decide to take action before it is beyond fixing.

Mancini should be sacked on tonight's evidence, running out of excuses, useless trying to deflect the blame.

There are few suitable candidates but Guardiola is open to the right offer.
Mancini Got it Wrong today (again)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.