Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Re: Reality Check.

blueonblue said:
Facts are facts and Mancini's european record is poor,

Mancini`s "Poor" record is winning 23 out of 49 games.
Wenger 22 out of his first 49
Ferguson 24 out of his first 49

It takes 3-5 years to build a team capable of taking on the best in europe, Roberto has had his own players together for how long ?, nor can you judge him over the last two entries into the chumpions league without taking into consideration that we have been drawn in the toughest group both times

He has won the FA cup and title already while smashing records that have stood for years, including thrashing red shite on their own midden 1-6.............Those are the facts you need to pay attention to.

How many tries did it take Fergie to get through the group stage? I seem to remember Utd having trouble with it for a few years.

hisroyalblueness said:
Just to add a bit of balance to the tide of abuse on here.

Which of you detractors out there think that any other English club would've fared better if they'd have played against the teams we've played in Europe this year?

Face it, the rags have struggled against far weaker opposition and would've shipped more goals than us for sure and, as every cloud has a silver lining, if we do ultimately fail to go through to the knock out stages then that'll free us up to take the premiership with relative ease.
IMO the raggys that have come on here to slag us off tonight should maybe think along those lines and button it.

come on mate ajax are a shit team that can't even beat Heralcles, #9 in the dutch division and yet they can beat us with our many top players

But what would happen in EL if we'll play against Falcao? Or some russian clubs like Anzhi would surprise too.

VincentKompany
We'll pull together and get ourselves back on track. Defeat is part of the game, giving up isn't. #MCFC

pudge said:
black mamba said:
pudge said:
Goes on head to head does it not if you're level on points?

It's just a pipedream , it won't happen.
I know we always expect a reaction from the players after an all too familiar performance like that but with the next two CL games at home I can still dream.

Or go play FIFA and make it a quasi-reality

The old sayings are the best - "Rome wasn't built in a day".

We had no desire, passion or nouse
No idea why
Feel sorry for the lads and lasses that went
I can take getting beat if we have given our all or just been unlucky, but we gave that game to ajax on a plate

Far too pedestrian again, United went 2 goals down and then attack and close down with pace, we do neither.
I have not seen a city team play so slowly and without support for players with the ball since Pearce was in charge. I'd put it down to an off day but the first 3 European performances are the same.
We had a very strong team out to start the game and I thought it would be easily enough, but again we don't press high up the pitch we don't close down in midfield and pick up 2nd ball, and the defenders back off and back off and allow teams to run at them freely.

Every team we have played so far presses us all over the pitch starting with their front and wide men stopping us time on the ball, which should give space behind them, but we have no plan b and either lump it or lose possession in bad places .<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:38 pm --<br /><br />Far too pedestrian again, United went 2 goals down and then attack and close down with pace, we do neither.
I have not seen a city team play so slowly and without support for players with the ball since Pearce was in charge. I'd put it down to an off day but the first 3 European performances are the same.
We had a very strong team out to start the game and I thought it would be easily enough, but again we don't press high up the pitch we don't close down in midfield and pick up 2nd ball, and the defenders back off and back off and allow teams to run at them freely.

Every team we have played so far presses us all over the pitch starting with their front and wide men stopping us time on the ball, which should give space behind them, but we have no plan b and either lump it or lose possession in bad places .

SamCity123 said:
VincentKompany
We'll pull together and get ourselves back on track. Defeat is part of the game, giving up isn't. #MCFC
Playing footballs the name of the game, maybe start there Vinny..

bluemc1 said:
Dont give me this group of death shit, heres a group for you
Napoli
villareal
ajax
city

points total please, think its 5 points in 5 games, and a last min goal to get that, last year are best full backs richards clichy, CL he plays zaba kolorov, best defence last 2 years, he rips that apart v madrid away, and he thinks Dzeko is better than Tevez, he cant handle CL
Now I realise I'm knocking on a bit and the ''marble rattle'' syndrome is beginning to kick in, but what is this group? Last season? If so, WTF is Ajax doing there?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.