Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

pauldominic said:
Comrade Buka said:
B\connellblue said:
Never mind the group of death. It's a fucking myth, we'd get out of no group the way bobby has us playing in europe.

Never got this group of death bullshit. As if, Real, Dortmund and Ajax all went:

WE GOT CITY, WHAT A FUCKING RELIEF!!!

There are no easy games in the CL.

Same mistake as against Napoli away last year. The number one priority is NOT to lose away games. Sure up midfield and take it from there.

Win the CL? I'd be happy if we got out of the group with Mancini. Not that that will ever happen.

The Italian just never learns.

I felt like I was going to fucking puke when the game was over.

That is just complete Nonsense. What do you know about Football?

I can see what you're saying but to my mind the PRIORITY is to start group games well ..... that's what fixed it for Bayern last season , and that's Dortmunds and Madrids strength right now ............ the rest of us , and ESPECIALLY us , are under pressure , and even Ajax are about to find that they're floggin' a dead horse !

Still , let them enjoy tonite , it won't last forever !

andyblue87 said:
bluemc1 said:
Dont give me this group of death shit, heres a group for you
Napoli
villareal
ajax
city

points total please, think its 5 points in 5 games, and a last min goal to get that, last year are best full backs richards clichy, CL he plays zaba kolorov, best defence last 2 years, he rips that apart v madrid away, and he thinks Dzeko is better than Tevez, he cant handle CL

7 points actually, beat Villareal home and away

sorry the mans a genius :)

m32blue said:
Really criminal to throw away a lead and get nothing
Barry was very below par tonight and YaYA looked knackered,this game was crying out for NDJ(shouldnt have let him go )
Zonal marking leaves us too vulnerable at corners
One thing I picked up on after Lescott got subbed no one acknowledged him
Poor Man management from Bobby that.

I predict we will beat Ajax at home and end up in the Europa

We've conceded the least goals from set pieces in the Premier League since we moved to zonal marking. It's far superior to man marking. Tonight Lescott mis-judged the flight of the ball and didn't react quick enough. It was an individual error, not a flaw in the system.

p.s. Yes that means Gary Neville's wrong.

black mamba said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I would be happy with 3rd place, its a fucking disgrace we won't qualify for the second year running with the squad we have but at least the Europa league is a very winnable competition.

Ajax - Us - 0pts
Dortmund - 1pt
Madrid - 0pts
Total - 4pts

Us - Ajax - 3pts
Madrid - 1pt
Dortmund - 0pts
Total - 5pts

I know people really hate the europa league but we seriously need to start getting success in europe and winning the EL might get some confidence in the squad. Plus its a competition united havent won.

Well i'd have to agree with you there , the Europa League isn't to be sniffed at , even if it IS second best !

But quite frankly i think i'd rather us win the title again now than anything else ....

It used to be known as the UEFA Cup and it *is* a serious trophy.

kenzie115 said:
m32blue said:
Barry was very below par tonight and YaYA looked knackered,this game was crying out for NDJ(shouldnt have let him go )

We've conceded the least goals from set pieces in the Premier League since we moved to zonal marking. It's far superior to man marking. Tonight Lescott mis-judged the flight of the ball and didn't react quick enough. It was an individual error, not a flaw in the system.

Yeah I agree it was an individual error but they were in a rigid matrix zonal arrangement.... not man to man tight.

kenzie115 said:
m32blue said:

Mis-judged the flight!!! No he didn't attack it he was on his heels and asleep

I think we are entitled to a moan. That performance was flat. No urgency at all, their passing was precise. Their players seemed to work with eachother better, which showed in the precision of their passes and possession. I think its unfair to say that the ajax players wanted it more. I think as proffessional and competitive people players naturally want to beat the oppossing men, but it comes across as that. Were not going to win the champions league, based on these performances in the competition, I can stomach that aslong as we continue our winning form in the premier league.

We play far to slow, our ball retention is shit, unfortunately in Europe you don't get it back unlike the premier league -couple that with not pressing, which is something we've never done and you get found out.

Thought the treatment of Lescott when he came off was a bit naughty.

I still find it remarkable how after so much money spent how often we look sluggish and laboured in the middle and short on creativity and ideas. Mancini doesn't believe in wingers which eliminates that option so we're reliant on full-backs who don't always work especially when they are doing their other job (defending) and moments of magic from two playmakers (Silva and Nasri), one of whom is crocked and the other is often MIA (nice goal today though). We also don't have a creative midfielder, sorry but Barry isn't a creative midfielder, he's an efficient and tidy midfielder with the occasional nice pass in him, Alonso is a creative midfielder. In Mancini's defence, his first choice targets this summer would have filled some of those gaps.

Re: Reality Check.

bluemc1 said:
pauldominic said:
FantasyIreland said:
Micah admitting that Mancinis 3 at the back is bollox and yet he persists on playing it,Clichy looked fucking baffled.........

The bloke has zero man management skills,not one of his subs did he acknowledge.

Its the Italian way and they've won more world cups than England.

yeah alan ball won a world cup aswell

Why should he acknowledge laziness??

None of the subs were worth any acknowledgement.. Maybe Milner but even then the whole team was wank..

He does acknowledge players when they deserve it.

They are not kids. They are grown man who come to work and get paid ALOT to work so they should at least show some effort.

Just like Mancini will shoulder his part of the blame because it his paid job.. If he is acknowledged or not he is doing what hes being paid to do.

Acknowledgement should be saved for exceptional effort.

Do you get acknowledged for showing up to work to do what is routine??

Make your firm a couple of millions and you will be acknowledged!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.