Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Re: We can still do it!!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
I'm down like everyone else but look at it this way.

Next fixtures:

R.Madrid Vs Dortmund - likely outcome Madrid win

Us Vs Ajax - I honestly think we'll beat them

This would leave the table like this:

Madrid 9
Dortm 7
Us. 4
Ajax. 3

Doesn't look to impossible does it! Gain 3 points with 2 games left and one of them is against the team above us!

Come on city!!

Problem is that we'd have Real to play whilst Dortmund would have Ajax

greasedupdeafguy said:
I would be happy with 3rd place, its a fucking disgrace we won't qualify for the second year running with the squad we have but at least the Europa league is a very winnable competition.

Ajax - Us - 0pts
Dortmund - 1pt
Madrid - 0pts
Total - 4pts

Us - Ajax - 3pts
Madrid - 1pt
Dortmund - 0pts
Total - 5pts

I know people really hate the europa league but we seriously need to start getting success in europe and winning the EL might get some confidence in the squad. Plus its a competition united havent won.

Well i'd have to agree with you there , the Europa League isn't to be sniffed at , even if it IS second best !

But quite frankly i think i'd rather us win the title again now than anything else ....

Re: Reality Check.

danburge82 said:
1. We aren't as good as we think
2. The Premier League isn't as good as we think
3. We underestimate and underrate a lot of leagues and teams on the continent
4. - and the biggest one - we have a squad full of slow players (when we played Dortmund the other week I noticed they didn't have one slow player, at all).

That's what I've taken from the Champions League in two seasons.

Excellent post

Comrade Buka said:
B\connellblue said:
Never mind the group of death. It's a fucking myth, we'd get out of no group the way bobby has us playing in europe.

Never got this group of death bullshit. As if, Real, Dortmund and Ajax all went:

WE GOT CITY, WHAT A FUCKING RELIEF!!!

There are no easy games in the CL.

Same mistake as against Napoli away last year. The number one priority is NOT to lose away games. Sure up midfield and take it from there.

Win the CL? I'd be happy if we got out of the group with Mancini. Not that that will ever happen.

The Italian just never learns.

I felt like I was going to fucking puke when the game was over.

On there forum's they were buzzing to pit themselves against the champs of each countries.
Shows the mentality when we were nowt but doom and gloom.

Oh to be playing Doncaster in the 2nd round of the cup this Friday night.

Dont give me this group of death shit, heres a group for you
Napoli
villareal
ajax
city

points total please, think its 5 points in 5 games, and a last min goal to get that, last year are best full backs richards clichy, CL he plays zaba kolorov, best defence last 2 years, he rips that apart v madrid away, and he thinks Dzeko is better than Tevez, he cant handle CL

been off work 2 days ,had to go to the stadium to pick up some merchandise for my son this morning,like a fucking prick i bought my ticket v madrid whilst i was there ,£45 fucking quid down the pan,that was a disgrace tonight,nobody was up for it,whats wrong with these lazy cant be arsed ingrates ?
going 1 up was totaly against the run of play ,i despair,c u all on saturday

black mamba said:
pudge said:
Matty said:
Actually if we win our 3 games we'll likely qualify. Winning all 3 will give us 10 points.

Dortmund can get a maximum of 13 if we beat them.

Madrid can get a maximum of 12 if we beat them.

Ajax can get a maximum of 9 if we beat them.

However Dortmund and Madrid can't both get their maximum as they need to play each other.

Dortmund beat Madrid will mean 13 points for Dortmund and 9 for Madrid.

Madrid beat Dortmund will mean 12 points for Madrid and 10 for Dortmund (we'd need to get superior goal difference to finish above Dortmund)

If Madrid and Dortmund draw then Dortmund get 11 points and Madrid get 10 points (we'd need to get superior goal difference to finish above Madrid).

Of course, we'll never win all 3 games. We'll be lucky to pick up 5 points, let alone the 9 we need.
Goes on head to head does it not if you're level on points?

It's just a pipedream , it won't happen.
I know we always expect a reaction from the players after an all too familiar performance like that but with the next two CL games at home I can still dream.

Or go play FIFA and make it a quasi-reality

Comrade Buka said:
B\connellblue said:
Never mind the group of death. It's a fucking myth, we'd get out of no group the way bobby has us playing in europe.

Never got this group of death bullshit. As if, Real, Dortmund and Ajax all went:

WE GOT CITY, WHAT A FUCKING RELIEF!!!

There are no easy games in the CL.

Same mistake as against Napoli away last year. The number one priority is NOT to lose away games. Sure up midfield and take it from there.

Win the CL? I'd be happy if we got out of the group with Mancini. Not that that will ever happen.

The Italian just never learns.

I felt like I was going to fucking puke when the game was over.

That is just complete Nonsense. What do you know about Football?

bluemc1 said:
Dont give me this group of death shit, heres a group for you
Napoli
villareal
ajax
city

points total please, think its 5 points in 5 games, and a last min goal to get that, last year are best full backs richards clichy, CL he plays zaba kolorov, best defence last 2 years, he rips that apart v madrid away, and he thinks Dzeko is better than Tevez, he cant handle CL

7 points actually, beat Villareal home and away

Really criminal to throw away a lead and get nothing
Barry was very below par tonight and YaYA looked knackered,this game was crying out for NDJ(shouldnt have let him go )
Zonal marking leaves us too vulnerable at corners
One thing I picked up on after Lescott got subbed no one acknowledged him
Poor Man management from Bobby that.

I predict we will beat Ajax at home and end up in the Europa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.