Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Re: Why?

Mandela said:
What happened really?
Has Dzeko transformed so drastically into a super sub that he can't preform in a starting eleven anymore - or was it just not his night? And was it right to play him from start? Just to make it clear; I love Dzeko and thinks he's a fantastic football player and person, both on and off the pitch - I just wonder whats going on.

I live in Sweden, where the match was not showed, so I had to listened to the BBC radio instead but could not really get a picture of how City played - so my question is simply: what happened?

Poor team performance, Dzeko could have played better but at the same time he wasn't responsible for the loss.

Re: Micah

He played very well , but missed a golden chance to score , and that could have made such a difference.

chesterbells said:
Ntini77 said:
A few of our players, namely Lescott and Barry, were badly exposed last night.

Yep.
I can't get their first goal out of my mind, where Barry could have intercepted the cross but instead just watched the ball go past in front of him

Very disappointed in Gareth Barry there .... that cross travelled a long way and Barry should have made more of an effort to cut it out before it reached de jong , and he COULD have done , as you say !

To concede a goal right on half time is asking for trouble ..... and trouble we eventually got !

Imo last night was not Mancinis fault it was the players. He put out the best team we had and they didn't perform.

People blaming him for going 5 at the back well for most of the game we played our best formation with the best players avaliable. When it was clear that wasn't working he like any manager tried to change it and threw everyone he could forward.

Yesterday lies with the players imo too many players we rely on didn't turn up.

Is that Mancinis fault? Theae are professionals, champions in fact and they produce that.

CTID101 said:
Imo last night was not Mancinis fault it was the players. He put out the best team we had and they didn't perform.

People blaming him for going 5 at the back well for most of the game we played our best formation with the best players avaliable. When it was clear that wasn't working he like any manager tried to change it and threw everyone he could forward.

Yesterday lies with the players imo too many players we rely on didn't turn up.

Is that Mancinis fault? Theae are professionals, champions in fact and they produce that.

Arguing we only played 3 at the back for five minutes is a completely facile argument.

We changed to 3 at the back almost immediately after conceding the 2nd goal. Prior to conceding that goal we were on top of Ajax and looked the most likely to score. The change to 3 at the back completely destroyed the team's confidence and we simply never recovered from it because when we went back to 4 at the back we had already given up the impetus in the match and it looked from the players' body language like they had given up.

defending for that first goal was lazy, slow and simply not good enough. I always knew De Jong would come back and haunt us this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.