Al Jazeera vs. Sky

Jackson-ctid said:
Blue Fill said:
Remember that's just the domestic rights the international rights are still to come. Domestic rights go from £1.8b to £3b so we could expect the international rights to go from £1.2b to £2b.

The increase would work out at £100m for each PL club over three years although the top teams get more so could easily be worth an extra £40m per year to us.

WOW.

I don't know if your reading from somewhere different or have other information but by my calculations, 4-5bn over 3 years is 200-250m per club and assuming the tiered structure dependant on final league position, I imagine that ammounts to about 110-140m for finishing first, which is quite astronomical, especially for us if you factor in 40m a year sponsorship and 30-40m Champions League revenue... 200+ million a season.

someone tell me I've got this all wrong
Well, for 1st position in 2010-11 the rags got £60m made up of Merit, equal share, facilities (showing matches live) and international TV rights.

If we assume that international rights also go up by 80% and all the other payments increase accordingly then for 1st place in 2013-14 the PL winner will get £108m for TV (£60m x 1.8). Interestingly the lowest placed club will get £70m, which is £10m than the rags got for winning it last season.

I bet Platini's face looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp, no other league revenue even comes close to the PL deal.

Even RM and Barca only make about e140m (circa £113m) with their blatantly unfair deal in Spain (quote taken from Swiss Ramble). Admittedly they both have massive marketing and sponsorship revenue also.
Swiss Ramble said:
It could be argued that the dominant position of the two Spanish powerhouses is slowly killing Spanish football. This financial pre-eminence is boosted by the “every man for himself” approach taken with the individually negotiated TV deals. Madrid and Barcelona both trouser €140 million a season with the nearest club to them, Valencia, receiving about a third at €48 million. Thirteen of La Liga’s clubs receive between €13-18 million, including Athletic Bilbao with just €17 million.

Jackson-ctid said:
Blue Fill said:
Remember that's just the domestic rights the international rights are still to come. Domestic rights go from £1.8b to £3b so we could expect the international rights to go from £1.2b to £2b.

The increase would work out at £100m for each PL club over three years although the top teams get more so could easily be worth an extra £40m per year to us.

WOW.

I don't know if your reading from somewhere different or have other information but by my calculations, 4-5bn over 3 years is 200-250m per club and assuming the tiered structure dependant on final league position, I imagine that ammounts to about 110-140m for finishing first, which is quite astronomical, especially for us if you factor in 40m a year sponsorship and 30-40m Champions League revenue... 200+ million a season.

Hi the increase (including overseas rights) is £2billion divided by 20 clubs is an extra £100m per club over 3 years. 50% is shared equally , 25% paid on finishing position and 25% on how often your on telly. The range this season was £40m to £60m so if you increase that by 67% it would be £65m to £100m.

Put another way.....£5b divided by 3 is £1.67bn per year divided by 20 is £83.5m each on average (not counting parachute payments).

As you say add in sponsorship and Champions League and that is well over £200m per year. Our sponsorship looks like it could be as high as £150m by 2015 with Etihad and Nike kicking in.

Blue Fill said:
Jackson-ctid said:
Blue Fill said:

WOW.

Hi the increase (including overseas rights) is £2billion divided by 20 clubs is an extra £100m per club over 3 years. 50% is shared equally , 25% paid on finishing position and 25% on how often your on telly. The range this season was £40m to £60m so if you increase that by 67% it would be £65m to £100m.

Put another way.....£5b divided by 3 is £1.67bn per year divided by 20 is £83.5m each on average (not counting parachute payments).

As you say add in sponsorship and Champions League and that is well over £200m per year. Our sponsorship looks like it could be as high as £150m by 2015 with Etihad and Nike kicking in.

FFP shot out of the water..........Al Jazeera go in and SKY shit themselves..almost double the money..end of FFP.......now I wonder who may have influence with Al Jazeera ???? Funny as fuck.............

ESPN lose rights to show Prem games from 2013/2014, BT have won the rights! Sky's package remains unchanged.

brummie blue said:
ESPN lose rights to show Prem games from 2013/2014, BT have won the rights! Sky's package remains unchanged.
Not quite true, BT won package A which I believe is first pick so they will get all the big derbies, title deciders etc that Sky have had previously. Still the same amount of games true, but the top games will be on BT I believe.

I love how this is always presented as exciting news, when ultimately it simply means that we pay more for Sky.

The vast majority of money that goes into a football club goes out in wages. Higher PL rights means that we get to have less money while footballers get to have more.

Wonderful news, as I was just looking at my bank balance this morning and thinking of cutting back on food so I could make a monthly donation to someone who would blow it on fast cars and expensive hookers. Now I don't need to bother :)

fanakapan said:
Blue Fill said:
Jackson-ctid said:

FFP shot out of the water..........Al Jazeera go in and SKY shit themselves..almost double the money..end of FFP.......now I wonder who may have influence with Al Jazeera ???? Funny as fuck.............

Not our owners anyway, PSG's owners.

if they didn't have a joint venture with ManYoo like $ky does and therefore weren't as biased as $ky-mutv, then any other channel would be better tbh

bluenova said:
I love how this is always presented as exciting news, when ultimately it simply means that we pay more for Sky.

The vast majority of money that goes into a football club goes out in wages. Higher PL rights means that we get to have less money while footballers get to have more.

Wonderful news, as I was just looking at my bank balance this morning and thinking of cutting back on food so I could make a monthly donation to someone who would blow it on fast cars and expensive hookers. Now I don't need to bother :)

it is exciting as it's more probable we can survive the FFPR as they currently stand.
Yes the common fan will now pay more cash to line players/agents pockets.

True FFP would be introducing salary capping across the board, and abolishment of transfer fee's... But that ain't gonna happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.