Al Jazeera vs. Sky

From Twitter: Based on new @premierleague tv deal, team that comes bottom in 2013-14 could receive £65M+ - more than City got for title win

Very interesting!

It could mean even lower half teams could buy really good players, might make the league even more competitive because how much better can teams like City get even with more income, I mean we're hardly going to get Messi and Ronaldo are we? Whereas you'd think teams like Newcastle and Everton can improve a lot with that sort of money.

Well I'll be streaming it then, can't they just face the fact SKY know how to do it properly, BT will probably employ John Barnes or some other useless twat to do the coverage.

Ok I will try to not overact.

Is this the start of the end of the some of the other leagues?

Both Barca and Real Madrid get about 90m a year from their la liga tv packages but that is becasuse they get about half the money.

Seems mid table clubs will be able to pay more for players than any outside Bayern, Spanish two, and Italian three(heck Italians might be left in dust) Oh yea and PSG.

Stoke could afford players Roma, and Valcenia cant?

Look for the price English players to go through the roof.

Hope they put the camera on Platini's face in the second half if he's heard the news.

Abolishment of FFP in 5... 4... 3...

Clevers said:
adrianr said:
Dear Premier League,

You can thank us later.

Love,
City x

I saw a quote I can't find any more by Scudamore saying the end of last season contributed to the increase,

We definitely need a new chant for this..

Bid 'cos of City! You only bid 'cos of Ciiiiitty!

Or replace bid with paid, or rich, or all sorts really :D

Remember that's just the domestic rights the international rights are still to come. Domestic rights go from £1.8b to £3b so we could expect the international rights to go from £1.2b to £2b.

The increase would work out at £100m for each PL club over three years although the top teams get more so could easily be worth an extra £40m per year to us.

WOW.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.