Al Jazeera vs. Sky

I cant see Sky or ESPN missing out on the football. Al Jazeera may well take the bulk of the over sea content and try and sell it on to some of the smaller nations.

Sky need the subs from football as does ESPN thats how Setanta went tits up but both SKY and ESPN are maybe 2 of the biggest companies with money behind them to out bid Al Jazeera for the rights in the UK. As others have said I cant see people spending more for another football provider. At least the others have other content that people will buy into be it MMA . Rugby or Cricket.

Sadly I cant see Sky or ESPN getting rival competition. If anything I think ESPN will get 2 packages and Sky the rest.

I hope Al-Jazeera get the rights, if anything, then just to rub it in to Sky.

I'd love it to happen. I know my club is a member, but the "Sky 4" cartel was just ridiculous. They're also shamelessly biased in their commentary, and sometimes hire incompetent pundits. Sometimes they do this in favour of Chelsea and I really do cringe. Some of Wilkins early work on our games was pretty sickening.

Some of the people you see presenting on their network could have been randomly selected from the street outside the studio. A more balanced media coverage of the league would be a step closer to a more competitive game. We should strive to be more like Germany, not like Spain; and its clear what Sky want.

Castiel said:
I'd love it to happen. I know my club is a member, but the "Sky 4" cartel was just ridiculous. They're also shamelessly biased in their commentary, and sometimes hire incompetent pundits. Sometimes they do this in favour of Chelsea and I really do cringe. Some of Wilkins early work on our games was pretty sickening.

Some of the people you see presenting on their network could have been randomly selected from the street outside the studio. A more balanced media coverage of the league would be a step closer to a more competitive game. We should strive to be more like Germany, not like Spain; and its clear what Sky want.

Although i don't follow it rigorously i know that the German model is the way forward, an ultra competitive league, but most fans in this country don't want it. They want their big club schittick to cling to. Even better than the German model is the NFL model where everything is fair for all 20 teams. The exact salary cap, transfer cap ect...but when the dippers, rags and arsenal fans mention the word fair it means that they have more money than the rest of the league, they get all the champions league money which helps their monopoly.

IH8MUFC said:
Although i don't follow it rigorously i know that the German model is the way forward, an ultra competitive league, but most fans in this country don't want it. They want their big club schittick to cling to. Even better than the German model is the NFL model where everything is fair for all 20 teams. The exact salary cap, transfer cap ect...but when the dippers, rags and arsenal fans mention the word fair it means that they have more money than the rest of the league, they get all the champions league money which helps their monopoly.
I don't see how anyone can consider United winning the league every year with varying rivals from Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and City over the years is in any way more entertaining than the prospect of anyone from Norwich to Stoke having a real shot at the title from day 1. Obviously we're never going to have a situation where all 20 teams are equally powerful, but if our top 6 could compete with eachother and the best in Europe we'd have a great thing on our hands.

The CL is one of the main reasons the "Sky 4" exists and the FFP rules are being introduced as a safeguard against a "City" or a "Chelsea" happening again. Why fans of weaker clubs seem to be in favour of these rules is a mystery to me, they're designed to keep the "lesser" clubs out of the CL for good.

Sky will pull a monster bid out of there ass if needed. They would never let it go without a massive fight. If they can pay nearly £500 million just on football a year and still turn over massive profits you know they have more left in the kitty to fight on<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:54 pm --<br /><br />On a side note this Al Jazeera are owned by the same Qatari royal family that want to buy the scum so dont think it would be all grass is greener stuff

The_Mo said:
I hope Al-Jazeera get the rights, if anything, then just to rub it in to Sky.
why though its just more and more money out of the working mans already stretched pockets.sky if you ignore some of the pundits do football and other sports brilliantly.i remember the bbc sandwiching the odd 20 mins of cricket where sky its every ball,football has come on leaps and bounds with the tech stuff sky have come up with.

UlsterCitizen said:
Cant see Abu Dhabi Sports allowing Al-Jazeera to get there hands on the rights, Sky are buggered either way
Al Jaz is a mammoth media corporation. If they want it, they'll get it, regardless of what Abu Dhabi might want. And as far as I'm aware, ADS has no intention of going international anyway (i.e. broadcasting games in England).

Over here, Al Jaz have the rights to the FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League, Europa League, all internationals (including World Cup and Euros), and numerous European leagues. They have tons of experience and their coverage has come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years. They'd do a great job with the Premier League; I don't think any of you would be disappointed. They broadcast out of London anyway, so everything is already set up to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.