Alan Hansen [Merged]

why would we want any of their offensive players when we have scored more goals them then and they scored nine in one match, wouldnt touch defoe with a barge pole

Saint Scott said:
Are you men serious ? Spurs would take........

tevez
bellamy
ade
rsc
kompany
lescott (probably)
de jong
ireland
johnson

Utter nonsense. Spurs would not take Lescott, Adebayor, De Jong, Ireland nor Kompany and certainly not RSC ! Tottenham have got the 2nd best defensive record in the country, City have struggled defensively all year yet you people have Spurs taking 2 of your defenders ?!?!?!?!!? Absolutely hilarious. De Jong would not get anywhere near a Tottenham squad, simple as. Modric, Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas, the new Brazilian kid Sandro and Kranjcar can all play central for Spurs. For this reason they wouldnt take Ireland either. Lescott and Kompany over Bassong, Dawson, King, Woodgate or Kaboul as well ? I seriously doubt it. Spurs would take Tevez, Bellamy, Johnson and Micah Richards from City and that is genuinely about it. City on the other hand, I honestly believe would fancy most of Spurs' defensive players and more than a couple of their offensive stars.

Lets remember on here folks that the 2 clubs have met once already this season and it was a woefully one sided game where Spurs really did show there was a huge gulf between the 2 teams. Wednesday will show whether or not City have managed to bridge that gap. It is no coincidence that pretty much all of the footballing pundits are backing Spurs to get something from the game.
Only players I would take from your squad are Modric, Bale and Defore, that's it really. Which means, you sir are talking bollocks.

As for one of the worst defensive records in the Prem, another load from you. We've been one of the most improved sides in the league defensively since Mancini took over.

Kompany would also walk into you back 4 as would Ireland into your midfield, as Jenas and Huddlestone are average at best.

10.Goater_Legend said:
Saint Scott said:

tevez
bellamy
ade
rsc
kompany
lescott (probably)
de jong
ireland
johnson

Utter nonsense. Spurs would not take Lescott, Adebayor, De Jong, Ireland nor Kompany and certainly not RSC ! Tottenham have got the 2nd best defensive record in the country, City have struggled defensively all year yet you people have Spurs taking 2 of your defenders ?!?!?!?!!? Absolutely hilarious. De Jong would not get anywhere near a Tottenham squad, simple as. Modric, Huddlestone, Palacios, Jenas, the new Brazilian kid Sandro and Kranjcar can all play central for Spurs. For this reason they wouldnt take Ireland either. Lescott and Kompany over Bassong, Dawson, King, Woodgate or Kaboul as well ? I seriously doubt it. Spurs would take Tevez, Bellamy, Johnson and Micah Richards from City and that is genuinely about it. City on the other hand, I honestly believe would fancy most of Spurs' defensive players and more than a couple of their offensive stars.

Lets remember on here folks that the 2 clubs have met once already this season and it was a woefully one sided game where Spurs really did show there was a huge gulf between the 2 teams. Wednesday will show whether or not City have managed to bridge that gap. It is no coincidence that pretty much all of the footballing pundits are backing Spurs to get something from the game.
Only players I would take from your squad are Modric, Bale and Defore, that's it really. Which means, you sir are talking bollocks.

As for one of the worst defensive records in the Prem, another load from you. We've been one of the most improved sides in the league defensively since Mancini took over.

Kompany would also walk into you back 4 as would Ireland into your midfield, as Jenas and Huddlestone are average at best.

At least our defenders can play every game unlike the spuds who have players who can't train and spend half the time on the injury table.

Bale plays LM and should be treated as such so he's up against Bellamy and Bellamy has been better this season. Kranjcar is injured? so won't play and you've completely ignored the fact that Lescott won't play and even if he did Kompany would and not Toure.

But anyway, as a City fan I won't get ahead of myself and will just look forward to wednesday rather than bragging about how "great" my team is like Spurs who are trying to judge it on the past and previous regimes.

Anyway let's look at the situation in the future, what will Tottenham do in the Champions League? go out in the group stages no doubt. City will become a major force if we qualify, which will either be in a weeks time or next season.

Where as Tottenham this is your only ever real chance to enjoy about two months in there.

Since Mancini joined we've conceded 15 in 19 games. Spurs 15 in 18 games. And that's with Bridge and Lescott out for a sizable amount of time, and Kolo at the ACN.

Since Mancini joined we've scored 39 in 19 games. Spurs 24 in 18 games. And that's with Adebayor out for the majority.

Please stop underestimating our players.

Project said:
Since Mancini joined we've conceded 15 in 19 games. Spurs 15 in 18 games. And that's with Bridge and Lescott out for a sizable amount of time, and Kolo at the ACN.

Since Mancini joined we've scored 39 in 19 games. Spurs 24 in 18 games. And that's with Adebayor out for the majority.

Please stop underestimating our players.
Brilliant, forza Mancini.

Saint Scott said:

tevez
bellamy
ade
rsc
kompany
lescott (probably)
de jong
ireland
johnson

Utter nonsense. Spurs would not take Lescott, Adebayor, De Jong, Ireland nor Kompany and certainly not RSC ! Tottenham have got the 2nd best defensive record in the country, City have struggled defensively all year yet you people have Spurs taking 2 of your defenders ?!?!?!?!!?
err, right

funny how spurs tried to buy RSC in the summer. funny how he was linked with you again this month. let's face it, who haven't you been linked with at city? ireland, check. richards. petrov. bellamy. wright phillips (although even harry can see he's not worth it now). de jong, I can accept, is not a 'spurs player', because harry likes the two box-to-boxers midfield as opposed to the covering central player.

but you're right, not the centre halves. is that maybe because lescott was priced out of your reach this summer? kompany was never for sale, not for a moment? no, it's because we've struggled defensively 'throughout the year', apparently. hells bells, in october, yeah, we struggled. but you don't see it now. 23 goals in 25 games since mancini took over and kompany became 1st pick centre half.

we'll see how you feel about your centre halves on wednesday evening, when king isn't fit, you'll have ample opportunity to kompare kompany with the boy bassong.

and the only reason you wouldn't take ade is because you are so blinded with hate for your neighbours. come on now. be honest. ade or crouch.

anyway, good luck on winning your first away game against a top half team!

Yes Spurs are so much better than us that they are an absolutely massive 1 point ahead after 36 games.

As for BBC pundits I have always detested Lineker and his swarmy face.

It's time the BBC employed some people from the game who played more recently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.