Alan Hansen [Merged]

SWP's back said:
Saint Scott said:
Hi chaps, been reading for a bit, thought I'd get involved.

I personally think both City and Spurs deserve a lot of credit for how far theyve both come. Top sides the pair of them and both will go from strength to strength. I dont see what the big issue with Hansen is tbh, I actually think hes got it pretty spot on. Spurs probably are the better side right now, certainly collectively and I would say individually as well but only just. I think collectively because they are good both at the back and going forward whereas City are obviously great going forward but you do sense that they are vulnerable defensively.

My tuppence....

Gomes v Given - Equal as both superb
Corluka v Zab - Both are good players but not great.
Dawson v Toure - Dawson every day of the week, best defender in the country this year
King v Lescott - King again, shame he cant play more often
Bale v Bridge - Bale, an unbelievably talented youngster
Johnson v Lennon - very close, both similar but I'd take Johnson just - as will Capello
Huddlestone v Barry - tough one, Barry for me just
Palacios v De Jong - DeJong
Modric v Bellamy - Bellamy
Tevez v Defoe - Tevez
Adebayor v Pavlyuchenko - Adebayor

Then you consider players like Assou Ekotto, Bentley, Ireland, Richards, Crouch, Bassong, Woodgate and Kranjcar. Both squads are superb.

Anyway I fancy Spurs to get a result at City as I do feel that City could struggle defensively against Spurs, who offer a far bigger threat going forward than Villa do. However, the big test will be City trying to unlock an exceptional defence. Its all set for an absolute cracker and may the best side win.

wrong to match bellers with modric, bellamy offers our formation alot more than say spurs, i dont no what your basing bellers and modric on , but he is in double figures for goals and almost assists.

Ticket For Schalke said:

wrong to match bellers with modric, bellamy offers our formation alot more than say spurs, i dont no what your basing bellers and modric on , but he is in double figures for goals and almost assists.

Then quote him not me TFS. I was simply using his template and chaged things to red for accuracy.

Saint Scott said:
Hi chaps, been reading for a bit, thought I'd get involved.

I personally think both City and Spurs deserve a lot of credit for how far theyve both come. Top sides the pair of them and both will go from strength to strength. I dont see what the big issue with Hansen is tbh, I actually think hes got it pretty spot on. Spurs probably are the better side right now, certainly collectively and I would say individually as well but only just. I think collectively because they are good both at the back and going forward whereas City are obviously great going forward but you do sense that they are vulnerable defensively.

My tuppence....

Gomes v Given - Equal as both superb
Corluka v Zab - Both are good players but not great.
Dawson v Toure - Dawson every day of the week, best defender in the country this year
King v Lescott - King again, shame he cant play more often
Bale v Bridge - Bale, an unbelievably talented youngster
SWP v Lennon - very close, both similar but I'd take Lennon just
Huddlestone v Barry - tough one, Barry for me just
Palacios v De Jong - Palacios
Modric v Bellamy - Modric
Tevez v Defoe - Tevez
Adebayor v Pavlyuchenko - Adebayor

Then you consider players like Assou Ekotto, Bentley, Ireland, Richards, Crouch, Bassong, Woodgate and Kranjcar. Both squads are superb.

Anyway I fancy Spurs to get a result at City as I do feel that City could struggle defensively against Spurs, who offer a far bigger threat going forward than Villa do. However, the big test will be City trying to unlock an exceptional defence. Its all set for an absolute cracker and may the best side win.

Good post, however the 'issue' with Hansen in my book is calling Villa the better side yesterday when they clearly weren't, a supposedly neutral and knowledgeable pundit proved to be neither of those two. The one player I'm not looking forward to seeing line up against City is Lennon. Back when you dicked us at your ground under Hughes he roasted Sylvinho time and time again, everything you created that night came from that side. Judging by the way Bridge backed off from Young and Agbonlahor yesterday I'm expecting similar treatment on Wednesday. We're a lot more organised now than we were then though, and I think if we keep the momentum coming off the back of the Villa win, we can beat you..

Lescott's signing has been much criticised but I rate him as City's best defender. Had he been available this season, I think we'd have quite a few more points

I didn't mind Hansen's comments that Spurs were individually and collectively stronger. His comments on the balance of the City v Villa game were laughable and I can only think he looked at the stats rather than the game itself.

Spurs have been a top 6 side for 3-4 seasons whereas City were flirting with a relegation battle last season. We have right footed centre-forwards like Bellamy playing on the left hand side of the forward line and have one of the best left wingers in the Premiership playing on the right. We rely on the ageing Vieira to hold our midfield together. Spurs are the more balanced team. They should be. They started ahead of us, and we changed manager mid-season.

Marvin said:
I didn't mind Hansen's comments that Spurs were individually and collectively stronger. His comments on the balance of the City v Villa game were laughable and I can only think he looked at the stats rather than the game itself.

he wasnt looking at the stats either, city had twice as many shots as spuds

anyway

spurs players city would take

modric
bale
lennon
defoe(doubtful)
and king, if he was ever fit

city players spurs would take

tevez
bellamy
ade
rsc
kompany
lescott (probably)
de jong
ireland
johnson

we've definitely got stronger players, especially strikers....but yeah, they do have a bit more balance, especially in midfield. I'd pick out defence any day of the week tho. king is so important to them.

Couldn't believe it last night when he said this, i was fuming, i turned it off after that comment, i waited till they had finished our game and went onto the next, he watches 2 minutes of the game and comes out with such a pathetic comment like that, it's alsmost embarassing.

if i see that **** if public i would love nothing more than to give him a gob full, can't stand the prick and i have never liked him, after last night i hate him even more.

just because his team won't finish 4th and got knocked out the europa he won't stop crying, daft bastard, i really hope i see him at the CoMS one day.

Marvin said:
Lescott's signing has been much criticised but I rate him as City's best defender. Had he been available this season, I think we'd have quite a few more points

Spurs have been a top 6 side for 3-4 seasons whereas City were flirting with a relegation battle last season. We have right footed centre-forwards like Bellamy playing on the left hand side of the forward line and have one of the best left wingers in the Premiership playing on the right. We rely on the ageing Vieira to hold our midfield together. Spurs are the more balanced team. They should be. They started ahead of us, and we changed manager mid-season.

Football not your best subject? It is called inverse wingers and the liked on Ronaldo, Giggs, Messi et al have been doing it for years. It is used (and often swapped mid-match) so that full backs cannot show a player onto a particular side as showing them onto their "weaker" foot (ie outside) is very dangerous. But obviously so is showing them inside.

I normally like Hanson but his comments last night stank of fear, jealousy and bitterness. If you look on the Villa forums, even they admit they were outplayed.

I'd love the media to start employing a few City fans as pundits. Franny or Buzzer would tell it like it is and Gary Owen would be perfect for Soccer Saturday.

Ok, been reading this thread last night, and then again this morning, thought I'd have a bit of a say, not having a go or anything though, so don't want any arguments, just my view of it.

Hansen last night was unfair to City, full stop. City played very well yesterday, but they are he and Lawrenson are quite bitter at times towards both Spurs and City. Did anyone see their faces when Lineker bigged up Spurs and slagged off Liverpools season? They didn't like it one bit.

Onto the next thing, team comparison.

I don't think you can compare Gomes and Given. Both have been equally as important to our seasons, Gomes has saved us about 10/12 points, at least, this season. He's pulled off so many good saves this season. Admittedly, I haven't seen as much of Given as I have Gomes, but being from Ireland I know how good he is and can be.
Dawson over Toure
King over Lescott
Bale over Bridge (In attacking sense anyway)
Corluka or Zabaleta is another tough one
I'd have Lennon over Johnson in the England team( Although I'd play Johnson on the left for England, he's arguably been City's best performer since signing, exlcluding Tevez) Palacios and De Jong is a tough one to call, both are very good players
You can't compare Modric and Bellamy, they're too different and play in diffferent formations
Barry over Huddlestone
Tevez over Defoe
I'd probably have to say Adebayor over Crouch.

That'd be some team.

Gomes/Given
Corluka/Zabaleta Dawson King Bale
Lennon Palacios Barry Johnson
Adebayor Tevez

You could also change that and put Bellamy in in a 4-3-3, take Barry or Palacios out, or put Modric in a 4-5-1, take Adebayor out.

And finally, about Harry's comment about getting in the emergency goalkeeper. To whoever had a go at him and called him a c***. That comment he made was completely tongue in cheek, there is no need to get riled up or angry about it. He said it for a laugh, it's a bit of banter before Wednesday.

Anyway, whatever happens on Wednesday, happens. Hopefully a good game, with a good atmosphere, and hopefully it will be decided by the teams on the pitch, with some great goals, and not by some shit decisions by the officials. All the best.

bizzbo said:
Marvin said:

he wasnt looking at the stats either, city had twice as many shots as spuds

anyway

spurs players city would take

modric
bale
lennon
defoe(doubtful)
and king, if he was ever fit

city players spurs would take

tevez
bellamy
ade
rsc
kompany
lescott (probably)
de jong
ireland
johnson

we've definitely got stronger players, especially strikers....but yeah, they do have a bit more balance, especially in midfield. I'd pick out defence any day of the week tho. king is so important to them.

They would take Richards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.