Alan Henning has been beheaded

MaccJoe123 said:
Rascal said:
intheknow! said:
You cannot defeat religious inspired ideology of Holy War with Military means, it aint happening.

If it were possible then Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Egypt, Libya etc etc would not be in the state they are.

Tell me is the Middle East better and more stable now than before Blair and Bush started their invasions? Hosni Mubarak warned Bush before the Iraq war,do not invade because you will open the gates of hell. Pretty accurate imo. The Middle East is a basket case, its cost us a fortune in money and lives. Death for Jihadists is what they seek, they want either victory or to be a matyr a shaheed. They are not working class boys enlisting in the Army, for a career.

Great post. fucking great post

Why the fuck are we involved? Its fuck all to do with with us what they want from there lives and who the fuck are we to tell them its the right and proper way to behave. And we fucking bomb them for having ideals we dont agree with...that to to me is fucking shameful

Im not a great student of middle eastern politics but i kow we as in the UK with our friends has fucked the region up big time.

I heard on twitter today that Sweden was going to the first state to recognise Palestine. ..... Im not a student of the conflict there but i hope many other countries do as we need peace not conflict

But the thing is we aren't bombing them for their ideals. We are bombing them because they are going around committing genocide against innocent civilians because they don't have the same ideologies as they do. The question isn't whether we have made the middle east a worse place since the iraq war it's whether we are comfortable living in a world where a group of terrorists can go about murdering children while we sit back.

Israel did. We did fuck all then.........

Don't forget these thugs don't want girls to go to school to get an education even though most of them want to go.

They want to take us back to the dark ages.

I agree the current limited bombing campaign is only scratching the surface, but I don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure it's not stand idly by whilst they spread their doctrine ever further.

Blue Hefner said:
Rascal said:
intheknow! said:
You cannot defeat religious inspired ideology of Holy War with Military means, it aint happening.

If it were possible then Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Egypt, Libya etc etc would not be in the state they are.

Tell me is the Middle East better and more stable now than before Blair and Bush started their invasions? Hosni Mubarak warned Bush before the Iraq war,do not invade because you will open the gates of hell. Pretty accurate imo. The Middle East is a basket case, its cost us a fortune in money and lives. Death for Jihadists is what they seek, they want either victory or to be a matyr a shaheed. They are not working class boys enlisting in the Army, for a career.

Why the fuck are we involved? Its fuck all to do with with us what they want from there lives and who the fuck are we to tell them its the right and proper way to behave. And we fucking bomb them for having ideals we dont agree with...that to to me is fucking shameful

Im not a great student of middle eastern politics but i kow we as in the UK with our friends has fucked the region up big time.

I heard on twitter today that Sweden was going to the first state to recognise Palestine. ..... Im not a student of the conflict there but i hope many other countries do as we need peace not conflict

It's a little bit more extreme than the, just having 'ideals we don't agree with'!

They are chopping heads of British citizens and threatening the stability of a region and if they do manage to create the state they want it will be at the expense of our Euorpean allies

I'm not a particularly keen on conflict/war because it is difficult to stop an ideal but it's gone too far, the things they have done are sickening and will only get worse without intervention

The stability of the region was not only threatened but obliterated not by ISIS but by Blair and Bush.

intheknow! said:
smudgedj said:
Just seen this - RIP Alan - I think the government need to get it's act together; if it means sending in troops so be it.

Sending in troops was so successful in Iraq and Afghanistan right?

You ok to see British soldiers fighting an insurgency, convinced they are fighting in the path of Allah? You ok to see British soldiers killed, limbs blown off,beheaded, so mentally tortured they kill themselves, end up in prison or plagued by mental illness? You okspending billions again that this country doesnt have on pointless unwinnable wars? I aint
this is the nature of war unfortunately ..there are no alternatives sometimes ... Doing nothing is not always an option and certainly now it's gone too far

Donkey Boy said:
MaccJoe123 said:
Rascal said:

But the thing is we aren't bombing them for their ideals. We are bombing them because they are going around committing genocide against innocent civilians because they don't have the same ideologies as they do. The question isn't whether we have made the middle east a worse place since the iraq war it's whether we are comfortable living in a world where a group of terrorists can go about murdering children while we sit back.

So that means we should do the same this time?

Donkey Boy said:
MaccJoe123 said:
Rascal said:

Bang on.

A couple of months ago Israel killed over 2000 people,the majority of who were innocent men women and children why arent we bombing Israel?

intheknow! said:
smudgedj said:
Just seen this - RIP Alan - I think the government need to get it's act together; if it means sending in troops so be it.

You ok to see British soldiers fighting an insurgency, convinced they are fighting in the path of Allah? You ok to see British soldiers killed, limbs blown off,beheaded, so mentally tortured they kill themselves, end up in prison or plagued by mental illness? You okspending billions again that this country doesnt have on pointless unwinnable wars? I aint

Trouble with that argument diddums I served in the military for 21 years and would still be a member now (having been issued a 10 year contract extension) if I wasn't disabled and therefore medically discharged.

So yes I'm more than OK seeing British soldiers fighting. Same as you seem to be OK with sticking your bum in the air.

mancityvstoke said:
intheknow! said:
smudgedj said:

this is the nature of war unfortunately ..there are no alternatives sometimes ... Doing nothing is not always an option and certainly now it's gone too far

Why cant you understand these people cannot be defeated by military means this is not a worldwar 2 Hitler moment.

intheknow! said:
Donkey Boy said:
MaccJoe123 said:

Bang on.

A couple of months ago Israel killed over 2000 people,the majority of who were innocent men women and children why arent we bombing Israel?
because they're not beheading aid workers on YouTube?

intheknow! said:
mancityvstoke said:
intheknow! said:

Why cant you understand these people cannot be defeated by military means this is not a worldwar 2 Hitler moment.
i disagree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.