Alan Shearer:Tevez to blame if City don't win the title

black mamba said:
Tevez is argueably THE best striker that City have had in the last 40 years , and it's a fairly safe bet that he'd have added to his personal tally , and Citys goals for column , if he hadn't gone AWOL for a few months ...... those goals could have made a vast difference to our points total at this run-in stage.

Should City win the title , his return will be seen by many as having made the vital difference .... so it's quite likely that , should City not win it , his absence will be seen as one of the main reasons for the failure.

And , quite frankly , that would probably be true ...... we have floundered in games of late where a player of his goalscoring ability could have made all the difference.

Beat me to it, but I completely agree

Barcon said:
I don't agree that it will be his fault if we don't win, but everything else he said is bang on the money.

i agree Tevez is a **** of the highest order but we have the squad and the manager to win the title

A motivated and committed Tevez playing as one of four strikers would have made a positive difference. If he didn't score vital goals his willingness to chase and not give up would have rubbed off on others ( and the supporters ) and maybe we'd have got more points at Fulham, WBA, Sunderland, Everton and Swansea. Enough to give us our title win. However, he wasn't motivated and committed....in fact he was the total opposite and has been a distraction and a negative influence. I doubt he is motivated and committed today, but if he is it is for his own selfish needs and not for the good of the club.

Shearer made some good comments and I think it is what he genuinely thinks. However, poor recent away performances and poor refereeing decisions have cost us this year, not Tevez. How can the sight of Tevez in the team rally the fans and bring everyone together? I've had arguments with family and friends over this guy and I'm sure I'm not alone. Recently I've also been trying to convince myself that he could well still win us the title, but that is because of our dip in form and my overwelming desire to win the title....I want it so bad it hurts. But sometimes as a person you have to do the right thing, something that Tevez hasn't done. Apart from publically and callously demanding a transfer from a club that pays him handsomely, he has failed to apologise properly to all concerned; owner, manager, players and supporters alike. His carefully worded statement from his solicitor didn't wash with me.

So what is doing the right thing? Everyone is different and everyone has the right to their own opinion and in this sense every one is correct because other peoples opinions should be respected if not always agreed with. My opinion as a Blue for the last 44 years is simple. I cannot cheer a player who doesn't share my common aims, aspirations and goals....to do their best for the club I love. If there is one thing that makes me sad more than anything else as a City fan it is the sight of City fans arguing amongst themselves, not us losing. As supporters we are one big family. I'll always help fellow blues. We stick together through thick and thin....thats what makes me so proud to be a blue. Thats what families do. Thats what decent human beings do. As such I cannot cheer Tevez. If he came back and won us every game and hence the title, it would be tainted for me. There will be a bad taste....much more sour than the taste he left after discarding supporters scarfs at Wembley.

Maturity and experience teaches many things....you don''t bite the hand that feeds you and you don't turn your back on friends that have supported you. I still don't yet know how I will react if he ever came on again....football is not planned emotions it is instinctive. The emotions come from deep within the soul. Maybe I will boo, maybe I will remain silent, maybe I'll chant Mancini's name louder than ever before, maybe I'll turn my back. I will try and do what is best for the team, the club and my family of fellow blues. My club and fellow blues will long outlive one player, and it is that thought that will temper my emotions. I for one hope that he makes a proper, heartfelt apology and at the end of it decides that it is in the best interests of all concerned that he doesn't play for us again.

tevez is a total utter ****, but he cant be blamed for this, yaya being away plus vinny missing games lost us points, cant be helped, but such is life

should have been a key player
should have fulfilled his professional responsibilities
we've certainly missed having someone in his role if not the twat himself

What is most remarkable is that Alan Shearer actually formed an opinion on a matter and expressed it. Normally he provides no insight, analysis or opinion at all so he must feel fairly strongly about this. Or maybe it is the opinion of his ghost writer who is sick of Shearer's usual forgetable blandishments?!

Augero was bought to replace Tevez but no club wanted to pay the fee.
I don't believe there were ever plans for him to stay the season.

Jumanji said:
Well I disagree, Shearer.
I usually agree with you. But not this time.

Tevez could have an a very negative effect on moral for the last few months, and it may only get worse...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.