Albania vs England | Sun 28th March

I alluded to this yesterday when saying he’s too good for most of the national team. The space he was making for himself over and over again but his teammates either failing to spot him or too afraid to make the pass was driving me mad. They mostly preferred to keep it as safe and simple as possible whilst ironically Phil was always looking for the pass that would cut through the heart of the Albanians.
He’s going to win at least 3 ballon d’ors before he hangs up his boots.
Well, I think that describes Southgate to a tee. So I'm not surprised.

I alluded to this yesterday when saying he’s too good for most of the national team. The space he was making for himself over and over again but his teammates either failing to spot him or too afraid to make the pass was driving me mad. They mostly preferred to keep it as safe and simple as possible whilst ironically Phil was always looking for the pass that would cut through the heart of the Albanians.
He’s going to win at least 3 ballon d’ors before he hangs up his boots.
The reason i watched and enjoyed the last two matches was Phil Foden.

He was full of it for the 45 minutes against er, whoever it was, and constantly wanted to be involved. Pointing, coming for the ball, constantly checking his surroundings to the point where i thought his little head was gonna snap off.
The enthusiasm and willingness are a joy to see but, and this is entirely understandable for the lad, he was a bit TOO excited and eager. What got him through is his remarkable skill and natural abiltity.
Essentially i think Phil treated that 45 minutes as his 'debut' and his big chance to make an impression on the boss and he most certainly did that. But he can play a lot better.
Yesterday he got a start and looked much more in control of his emotions, almost calmer. He was still asking constantly for the ball and should really have been given it more but he was less eager to impress and more focused on the match. Southgate needs to unleash him really (and ditch 2 DMs playing safe). Let him get the ball, turn and run at the centre of defences or dribble it past an entire back-line because, as he's already done in the domestic game, he can go past the very best for fun.

I agree he was all over the pitch looking for holes, making space for himself always asking for the ball, but for some reason players refused to pass to him
Something like that occurred in France where anti Sterling phobia was at its height. There he got into good positions but never got the ball..l think the other players took too much notice of the tabloids and lacked the guts and team spirit necessary. As result some papers actually said he lost the chance of the cup whereas Sir.Harry git away with murder.
And when Raheem got back he went straight to see his mother in the house he had bought her and became the only person in history to be vilified for going to see his mother in the house he bought her.
I felt embarrassed to be English at that time.

Fuck all as the cheating fucker is always on his arse.
apart from that, bang on Bobby.

I looked at the bench to address the lack of creativity on the pitch and the only name i saw was jordan scouseing henderson. A forward thinking and passing player on for one of Rice or Phillips and England could've had a bag full from down both wings. I think Mount could be good enough for that position (not seen much of Ward-Prowse) but nobody else really stands out as a central midfield playmaker that i can think of.

Don’t mean to be pedantic but I don’t think you saw Jordan Henderson on the bench, I’m sure you saw Dean Henderson which in a way is even worse with the lack of creativity but to be fair that England squad is savaged with injuries in the attacking areas.

Don’t mean to be pedantic but I don’t think you saw Jordan Henderson on the bench, I’m sure you saw Dean Henderson which in a way is even worse with the lack of creativity but to be fair that England squad is savaged with injuries in the attacking areas.
Ha, was it really? I did think at the time that he was injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.