Albania vs England | Sun 28th March

I alluded to this yesterday when saying he’s too good for most of the national team. The space he was making for himself over and over again but his teammates either failing to spot him or too afraid to make the pass was driving me mad. They mostly preferred to keep it as safe and simple as possible whilst ironically Phil was always looking for the pass that would cut through the heart of the Albanians.
He’s going to win at least 3 ballon d’ors before he hangs up his boots.
Only if he joins Barcelona or Real Madrid

I alluded to this yesterday when saying he’s too good for most of the national team. The space he was making for himself over and over again but his teammates either failing to spot him or too afraid to make the pass was driving me mad. They mostly preferred to keep it as safe and simple as possible whilst ironically Phil was always looking for the pass that would cut through the heart of the Albanians.
I agree he was all over the pitch looking for holes, making space for himself always asking for the ball, but for some reason players refused to pass to him

Walker ???
Walker is years ahead of most of the England players, it is because we have been blessed with how freakishly good Cancelo is on the ball for a RB that he looks 'bad'.
We keep saying it and we're right.

We're being spoiled watching City week in week out. Nothing compares.

We'll never get the credit for it mind.
100%, I haven't watched MOTD or probably more than 5mins of any other game that doesn't involve City in about 5years. It is like watching sunday league football. It is said a lot but literally the only team that can beat us is ourselves. We are a on a different planet to everyone in England. CL is always going to be a luck competition in all aspects, maybe this year that will fall to us as well. That would be a true crowning glory to the 5 years since Pep joined.

Walker is years ahead of most of the England players, it is because we have been blessed with how freakishly good Cancelo is on the ball for a RB that he looks 'bad'.

100%, I haven't watched MOTD or probably more than 5mins of any other game that doesn't involve City in about 5years. It is like watching sunday league football. It is said a lot but literally the only team that can beat us is ourselves. We are a on a different planet to everyone in England. CL is always going to be a luck competition in all aspects, maybe this year that will fall to us as well. That would be a true crowning glory to the 5 years since Pep joined.

To be honest watching other teams play is so dull and lacking finesse after watching our players and the way we play. There are occasional examples of quality from individual players but team play in other games on the whole are boring.

With thre media situation we are never going to get the respect which is deserved but I accept that now, and recognise that the rags/dippers will steal the headlines but still be some distance behind in terms of quality .

Forgive my ignorance but what actually has Phillips done to deserve a cap in a World Cup qualifier? I know defensive midfielder can be low key but I have neither seen or heard any call for England to play him, I know Leeds have some quality in their side but their goals against isn’t great and like you say Southgate has played him alongside Rice (who is worth his place in a pretty good England team).
I think he's a solid player but nowhere near as good as Ward-Prowse. Phillips is probably more defensive and a good ball-winner though. Then again England have a lot of pretty average defensive midfielders. Creativity is more important for me. For example I am not a fan of Henderson. I think, at his peak, Milner was a better player and so was Gareth Barry. Mount and Foden can provide the creativity but we need someone to shield the defence.

Foden was always finding space between the lines and calling for the ball, but Maguire was all too often ignoring him and playing it to Fatty Shaw instead who would then slow it down and allow them to press.
I thought Maguire looked clumsy on the ball compared to the silky touch of Stones.

That’s 3 more than the Barcelona Iniesta!

I like both Rice and Phillips but not at the same time. The midfield lacked creativity and was slow in transition, not helped by Pope just booting the upfield like a Championship player. I thought Mount was superb. He and Foden bring huge energy to the team. I wonder what a midfield of Mount, Foden, and Rice, would do with Grealish in the front three. Southgate is spoiled for choice but I am not convinced he is the man to take England to the highest level. He is still too cautious.
Fuck all as the cheating fucker is always on his arse.
apart from that, bang on Bobby.

I looked at the bench to address the lack of creativity on the pitch and the only name i saw was jordan scouseing henderson. A forward thinking and passing player on for one of Rice or Phillips and England could've had a bag full from down both wings. I think Mount could be good enough for that position (not seen much of Ward-Prowse) but nobody else really stands out as a central midfield playmaker that i can think of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.