Albert Rusnak

sjk2008 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
Albert sent packing by the Latics

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8926952/albert-rusnak-returns-to-manchester-city-after-oldham-loan-cut-short" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... -cut-short</a>

Got to be a discipline issue.

I think it’s more of a “Billy Big Bollocks” issue, personally.

When I found out we’d got this kid on loan til January, I was impressed, but not totally overwhelmed. Whilst I’d heard many a person on Twitter say that this kid was talented, it wasn’t a position I felt we were weak in (despite what this season’s results may tell you). I know we’d just sold Jose Baxter, but he was a #10, whereas Rusnak, I believe, is more of a winger who likes to cut in. Well we have a few of those already!

Anyway, our performances have been very good this season. We’ve deserved a lot more points than we’ve accrued so far, but unfortunately there’s been too many individual errors, including conceding a penalty in every league game bar one this season, which has contributed to our W2 L5 record so far.

Because of our attacking performances, the opportunity simply hasn’t arose yet for him. He came off the bench whilst we were winning at home to Port Vale but didn’t really stand out in the 15minutes he was on. He started against Shrewsbury but despite us winning 4-1, he again didn’t stand out. He was away for the Preston TV game where we were, IMO, brilliant despite losing, so the team for Rotherham was near enough the same. He did come on for the last 10 minutes but that’s not a lot of time to show what you can do, and that I understand (he may have come on earlier but we were down to 10 men after half an hour).

Since he’d not played in a few games, LJ (our gaffer) decided he could do with a 45 minute refresher so picked him for the reserves and from there, he’s obviously seen his arse. We have no problem in looking at talented Premier League youngsters and bringing them in on loan, but they have to show commitment to the cause and we don’t want anyone from the upper echelons of the Premier League who think they’re too good for something. The fact of the matter is that you play because you deserve to play, not because Manchester City are a bigger club than little Oldham Athletic.

If you’re asked to sit on the bench and wait for the opportunity, bloody do it, and when you do get on the pitch, show us why you were picked up by Manchester City. If you’ve not featured for a couple of games for whatever reason, and you’re asked to play in the reserves to bring your fitness up to scratch, again, bloody do it.

Back when we had Scapuzzi here, there was no doubting his effort and, whilst being too lightweight and simply not good enough for us, let alone the Premier League, the application he put in was impressive and that will always stand in good stead. Andrea Mancini was just dreadful so the less said about that the better.

Hopefully Ruznak will learn from this and go on to be a good player and make it in the Premier League. If he keeps up with this “Billy Big Bollocks” attitude however, then he’ll be shipped off like Scapuzzi was, and deservedly so, despite looking decent in your EDL side.

I’d just like to commend Vieira in all this too, by making him apologise. It’s good to see him understand LJ’s reasonings for what’s happened and why we agreed to send him back, and I’m pleased Vieira viewed the whole thing in a similar light. I don’t think this will hinder any further opportunities for us, should we wish to approach your club for one of your youngsters again in the future.

-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:00 pm --

penalty spot said:
I also would be upset if I was Albert Rusnak. Whats the point us loaning him out for experience if they play him in their reserves. He would get better playing time with our elite squad than playing for their reserves. This is going to be a big issue IMO.
All the youngsters are going to want to advance and if this is prevented, then they will feel that our system is failing them. Obviously if they are star quality they will be in the first team squad. We somehow have to keep them happy until they are capable of making the first team.

He may well be a talented player, but if someone thinks he's too good to play for someone, and hasn't done enough in the short time he's been there to warrant a first team start, then that's tough shit.

He would have been here til January. Plenty of time to show us what he could do. Unfortunately for him, he'd not managed to do that (yet), and had he bided his time he may well have done. But the "I'm not playing for their reserves" bollocks, is unacceptable and I'm glad he's gone back.
Too many times we see youngsters go out on loan and end up dissapearing from view for the duration of their loan. From the player's point of view, he is there to gain experience of playing regular football not to give the manager extra cover if and when he needs it. It's all fine and dandy saying that he got 15 minuter here and 10 minutes there and didn't prove himself but if he doesn't play regularly he never is going to get up to speed with the rest of the team. Also the comment saying that Oldham have plenty of players already who can play in his position. Well, if that's the case why was he taken on loan in the first place. In conclusion i would say that if clubs can't see their way to playing these youngsters then they shouldn't take them on loan, that way they are still free to go to a club who can.

Needs to do what he's told, and then talk to the club if he's not happy about it.

this type of attitude is exactly why, despite showing early promise a lot of our academy graduates don't make it at the top level. what has rusnak achieved so far that would suggest he is too good to play a couple games for oldham reserves, instead of buckling down taken on the challenge an showing the coach he belongs in the first team he messes up a good opportunity to play against stronger more competitive opponents which would have only made him a stronger better player.

now he's back at city playing against little boys an is at least 6-7 players away from any first team action, over 100 competitive minutes of football in 3 appearances isn't that bad it's 100 more than he's gotten at city. i have no doubt in my mind had he played the reserve match an put in the hard work he would of cemented a first team place .

citysmurf69 said:
this type of attitude is exactly why, despite showing early promise a lot of our academy graduates don't make it at the top level. what has rusnak achieved so far that would suggest he is too good to play a couple games for oldham reserves, instead of buckling down taken on the challenge an showing the coach he belongs in the first team he messes up a good opportunity to play against stronger more competitive opponents which would have only made him a stronger better player.

now he's back at city playing against little boys an is at least 6-7 players away from any first team action, over 100 competitive minutes of football in 3 appearances isn't that bad it's 100 more than he's gotten at city. i have no doubt in my mind had he played the reserve match an put in the hard work he would of cemented a first team place .
How do you know this. If he isn't good enough to play for Oldham he might as well sack his career off here and now, because i'll tell you what, i bet none of their players would be good enough to play in an international u21 side.

Oldham must have been taking the piss putting him in the reserves. What was he meant to get out of that. These boys need proper loans otherwise what s the point.Nothing 'Billy Big Bollocks' in what he s done that I can see.

Personally he should of played for the reserves for Oldham then after that has a word with City saying I don't mind playing any matches but do you think it's right for me to play for Oldham's reserves when I'm after 1st team experience! Personally I think Oldham are taking the piss though

goalmole said:
sjk2008 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Got to be a discipline issue.

I think it’s more of a “Billy Big Bollocks” issue, personally.

When I found out we’d got this kid on loan til January, I was impressed, but not totally overwhelmed. Whilst I’d heard many a person on Twitter say that this kid was talented, it wasn’t a position I felt we were weak in (despite what this season’s results may tell you). I know we’d just sold Jose Baxter, but he was a #10, whereas Rusnak, I believe, is more of a winger who likes to cut in. Well we have a few of those already!

Anyway, our performances have been very good this season. We’ve deserved a lot more points than we’ve accrued so far, but unfortunately there’s been too many individual errors, including conceding a penalty in every league game bar one this season, which has contributed to our W2 L5 record so far.

Because of our attacking performances, the opportunity simply hasn’t arose yet for him. He came off the bench whilst we were winning at home to Port Vale but didn’t really stand out in the 15minutes he was on. He started against Shrewsbury but despite us winning 4-1, he again didn’t stand out. He was away for the Preston TV game where we were, IMO, brilliant despite losing, so the team for Rotherham was near enough the same. He did come on for the last 10 minutes but that’s not a lot of time to show what you can do, and that I understand (he may have come on earlier but we were down to 10 men after half an hour).

Since he’d not played in a few games, LJ (our gaffer) decided he could do with a 45 minute refresher so picked him for the reserves and from there, he’s obviously seen his arse. We have no problem in looking at talented Premier League youngsters and bringing them in on loan, but they have to show commitment to the cause and we don’t want anyone from the upper echelons of the Premier League who think they’re too good for something. The fact of the matter is that you play because you deserve to play, not because Manchester City are a bigger club than little Oldham Athletic.

If you’re asked to sit on the bench and wait for the opportunity, bloody do it, and when you do get on the pitch, show us why you were picked up by Manchester City. If you’ve not featured for a couple of games for whatever reason, and you’re asked to play in the reserves to bring your fitness up to scratch, again, bloody do it.

Back when we had Scapuzzi here, there was no doubting his effort and, whilst being too lightweight and simply not good enough for us, let alone the Premier League, the application he put in was impressive and that will always stand in good stead. Andrea Mancini was just dreadful so the less said about that the better.

Hopefully Ruznak will learn from this and go on to be a good player and make it in the Premier League. If he keeps up with this “Billy Big Bollocks” attitude however, then he’ll be shipped off like Scapuzzi was, and deservedly so, despite looking decent in your EDL side.

I’d just like to commend Vieira in all this too, by making him apologise. It’s good to see him understand LJ’s reasonings for what’s happened and why we agreed to send him back, and I’m pleased Vieira viewed the whole thing in a similar light. I don’t think this will hinder any further opportunities for us, should we wish to approach your club for one of your youngsters again in the future.

-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:00 pm --

penalty spot said:
I also would be upset if I was Albert Rusnak. Whats the point us loaning him out for experience if they play him in their reserves. He would get better playing time with our elite squad than playing for their reserves. This is going to be a big issue IMO.
All the youngsters are going to want to advance and if this is prevented, then they will feel that our system is failing them. Obviously if they are star quality they will be in the first team squad. We somehow have to keep them happy until they are capable of making the first team.

He may well be a talented player, but if someone thinks he's too good to play for someone, and hasn't done enough in the short time he's been there to warrant a first team start, then that's tough shit.

He would have been here til January. Plenty of time to show us what he could do. Unfortunately for him, he'd not managed to do that (yet), and had he bided his time he may well have done. But the "I'm not playing for their reserves" bollocks, is unacceptable and I'm glad he's gone back.
Too many times we see youngsters go out on loan and end up dissapearing from view for the duration of their loan. From the player's point of view, he is there to gain experience of playing regular football not to give the manager extra cover if and when he needs it. It's all fine and dandy saying that he got 15 minuter here and 10 minutes there and didn't prove himself but if he doesn't play regularly he never is going to get up to speed with the rest of the team. Also the comment saying that Oldham have plenty of players already who can play in his position. Well, if that's the case why was he taken on loan in the first place. In conclusion i would say that if clubs can't see their way to playing these youngsters then they shouldn't take them on loan, that way they are still free to go to a club who can.

This, Oldham should be grateful for the loan and play him, he isn't there to be cover he's been loaned on the basis he'll be in the team every week.

Seems lower league clubs can't be trusted like the dutch ones to uphold their side of the bargain.

He should do as he's requested while under the care and management of the club employing him.

As stated,then take it up with his parent club if he has an issue/complaint.

Too many of our kids have this 'big i am' attitude when in reality they have achieved fuck all.

He needs a rocket and i reckon Paddy is just the man!

How about start sending the ones not (yet) good enough for the main 6/7 leagues to leagues like the Swiss and Belgian. These League 1 loans tend to work out terribly and do nothing much for the player because we're trying to create technical players but the lower English leagues aren't technical at all. Even the Spanish 2nd division would be better. Look at Basel tonight, the quality of some of these smaller leagues is probably pretty good. The Dutch league is very, very challenging for a young player as Boyata, Ibrahim, and Elabdellaoui found out when they all couldn't hack it there.

Unprofessional and immature from Rusnak.

You're not entitled to a place in any team, in football or any other activity, unless you've got the stones to put the work in and challenge to prove your value.

I understand that Oldham isn't exactly a glamorous scene, but neither is waiting tables or gardening for a living. You have to apply yourself, take your chances and make the best of yourself. A few games at Platt Lane or Hyde and a forty-odd rating on a FIFA demo does not make you a star. Get on this planet, knuckle the fuck down and pull your head out of your backside. I sincerely hope that Vieira rips this kid a new one for embarrassing the club like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.