Album you wish you were hearing for the first time.

The quivering excitement when I found fresh fruit for rotting vegetables (dead kennedys) on import in discount records in alty is impossible to recreate. I'd heard a couple of tracks on John Peel but the anticipation of the bike ride home and cranking up the grammar phone, well...

A mate in work was collecting vinyl again. He's early forties and asked which one I'd recommend of what was on offer in Golden Discs one day.
I said if it was me I'd go for 'Dark Side of the Moon', which wasn't exactly cheap but it was a special cut. Really heavy vinyl. I'd say the sound would be perfect.
Couldn't believe he'd never heard it but had read the hype regarding best albums of all time.

I asked him several times in the last couple of years what he thought, but he hasn't taken it out of the plastic. What a waste.

If ever there was one album I wish I was experiencing for the first time, that's it. Perfection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.