Albums with no bad tracks

goatastuta said:
feeder-the singles

20 tunes-all decent,im not a major fan either,never seen them live or anything. bought the album a few years back,coz i liked a few tracks id heard on the radio.still go back to it now and it doesnt seem out of date

underrated band , i used to think they were just a teeny pop band type - until i got this

couple of good songs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIMS-pGALk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Us84hcarY[/youtube]

The Jayhawks - Hollywood Town Hall (1992)

jayhawks%20hollywood%20town%20hall.jpg

Sand Rubies - Sand Rubies (1993)

sandrubies158145.jpg

The reason I started this thread was to get ideas for new CDs. The first 3 CDs arrived this week, and I did say I would put my thoughts on here. Also, I did say music divided opinions as much as religion and politics - however, at least no one got into fights about music, so no moaning if I don't like your stuff! Anyway:

AC/DC - Back in Black. Brilliant. Even on the first listen I didn't skip a single track. I don't have any of this kind of stuff in my collection, but this has made me think again. Some of the guitar work is awesome, and the production is excellent.

Bonobo - Black Sands. Fans of electronic music will enjoy this one - very good bass, and in my opinion it needs to be played with plenty of volume. It sounds like the kind of stuff that Leftfield would do if they were stoned. Mostly instrumental, and where the vocals do come in they're a bit haunting/hypnotic. Also reminded me a bit of early Moby.

LIbertines - Up The Bracket. Didn't get this one at all. Listened to it twice, and would never listen to it again - didn't enjoy any of the tracks. They sounded like a school band who've just listened to a lot of punk stuff then tried to do it themselves. Not my cup of tea at all.

The following are on their way, so I will get my views about them next week:

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape
Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Autechre - Amber
Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right to Children
Lift to Experience - The Texas Jerusalem Crossroad

For what its worth and IMHO
The crossing-big country
Ten-pearl jam
Back in black-acdc
Levelling the land-the levellers
The planets-Gustav Holst

Greatest hits-Four Tops
Leftfield-Leftism
James-Laid
Roses-Roses
Marley-Babylon by Bus
SLF- Alternative Ulster
Massive Attack-Blue Lines
Underworld- Dubnobasswithmyheadman
The Bunnymen- Songs to learn and sing
FSOL- Accelerator
Killers- Hot Fuss
Lemonheads- Shame about Ray
Smiths- Strangeway here we come

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.