Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I've gone to sleep pissed or at least mildly pissed for the last 3 years. Kept telling myself every morning that today was going to be last day, but it never happened. I was easily spending about £100 a week on booze and even when I was told my blood pressure was dangerously high I still carried on.

Thats until I got what I think was virus back end of last week. Cold sweats, shivering, vomiting, dihorea, the lot. Friday and Saturday were grim and obviously I did'nt drink. Felt a bit better Sunday but still alcohol was'nt on my list of priorities. Woke up monday feeling right as rain and thought, you know what I've just gone the last three nights without any booze, whay dont I carry it on. So I did, and I have. No alcohol since thursday with a virus induced abstinence. So far so good, as they say.

Last edited:
The local was £5.10 for premium lager last night! If I stay in and there’s no beer in the fridge then I’m fine.

Was out in Manchester last weekend for the first time in a bit, the going rate for a beer now seems to be £6+ which just takes the enjoyment out of it for me. Can't justify it. Was in Camden yesterday after work and a pint of Cruzcampo cost me £8... I think that's the final straw for me, ill go out for birthdays and special occasions but other than that fuck it

There is a difference between a heavy drinker and a alcoholic, basically an alcoholic has an allergy to alcohol, the allergy is triggered by one drink, it's an insatiable desire to drink more and more, one drink is too many and bar ful is not enough, a heavy drinker can stop when he or she want's but once an alcoholic starts he or she can't stop, there's more to the illness or disorder than that

It's very common, and contrary to popular belief most alcoholics don't sleep on park benches but kind of function

I've gone to sleep pissed or at least mildly pissed for the last 3 years. Kept telling myself every morning that today was going to be last day, but it never happened. I was easily spending about £100 a week on booze and even when I was told my blood pressure was dangerously high I still carried on.

Thats until I got what I think was virus back end of last week. Cold sweats, shivering, vomiting, dihorea, the lot. Friday and Saturday were grim and obviously I did'nt drink. Felt a bit better Sunday but still alcohol was'nt on my list of priorities. Woke up monday feeling right as rain and thought, you know what I've just gone the last three nights without any booze, whay dont I carry it on. So I did, and I have. No alcohol since thursday with a virus induced abstinence. So far so good, as they say.
Could do with one of those viruses myself, how'd you pick it up? :)
As silly as it sounds, getting ill can work wonders for people

Type 2 diabetics on here who drink. What do you find is the safest drink for your blood sugar?

The simplest solution is to stop drinking, however it has been part of life for me for nigh on 35-40 years. It’s clear though of late my body is telling me something has to change.

My uncle was type 2, and he drank whiskey due to its grains and low sugar.

Type 2 diabetics on here who drink. What do you find is the safest drink for your blood sugar?

The simplest solution is to stop drinking, however it has been part of life for me for nigh on 35-40 years. It’s clear though of late my body is telling me something has to change.

My uncle was type 2, and he drank whiskey due to its grains and low sugar.
A work colleague used to drink Holsten pils because he had diabetes.
I have never tried it myself so don't know how much or little sugar it contains.
Soda water and lime is my go to these days.

A work colleague used to drink Holsten pils because he had diabetes.
I have never tried it myself so don't know how much or little sugar it contains.
Soda water and lime is my go to these days.
I’ve had it both before and after diagnosis. Pilsner has very little or no sugar due to the brewing process.

Wine is my downfall.

Could do with one of those viruses myself, how'd you pick it up? :)
As silly as it sounds, getting ill can work wonders for people
Well it's worked for me. One of my big things about giving up was getting to sleep. I did try a night without the booze a few months ago. I could not sleep and ended up driving to the 24 hour petrol station and getting two bottles of wine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.