Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Well it's worked for me. One of my big things about giving up was getting to sleep. I did try a night without the booze a few months ago. I could not sleep and ended up driving to the 24 hour petrol station and getting two bottles of wine.
How are you getting on now?

Sunny weather, hard work keeping out of the pub……
This!! I'm up to 273 days without a drink now, and the decent weather is going to be a big test, took a walk out to the pub last night after work with the Mrs and kids, she had two pints, I had 2 N/A "beers" and the kids a couple of lemonades....£40!!!! That's enough to put me off doing that again for a while.

This!! I'm up to 273 days without a drink now, and the decent weather is going to be a big test, took a walk out to the pub last night after work with the Mrs and kids, she had two pints, I had 2 N/A "beers" and the kids a couple of lemonades....£40!!!! That's enough to put me off doing that again for a while.
You have to stop associating everything with alcohol:
"Match is on...drink"
"Sunny weather...drink"
"Hard day at work...drink"
"stressed out...drink"
...and so on. It's about changing the way you think right from the start.
If you really want to quit, alcohol has to be something you did in the past, kicked the arse out of it, but now you want to be free from it....been there done all that.
Some things in life HAVE to end for the better, mate.
That's what I tell myself, anyway ;)

You have to stop associating everything with alcohol:
"Match is on...drink"
"Sunny weather...drink"
"Hard day at work...drink"
"stressed out...drink"
...and so on. It's about changing the way you think right from the start.
If you really want to quit, alcohol has to be something you did in the past, kicked the arse out of it, but now you want to be free from it....been there done all that.
Some things in life HAVE to end for the better, mate.
That's what I tell myself, anyway ;)
I work on the basis of every other fucker is a pain in the arse after 2 drinks and I'm not giving them the opportunity to drag me into it

Leave the kids at home next time!

;-- ))

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.