Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

I have discovered an American beer that is very low alcohol, called Shipyard Low Tide.

I have to say that this is completely against my prejudices. But supped from the fridge it is exceedingly tolerable and refreshing. Much of the taste of beer with none of the downside. Of course, if you want to avoid alcohol altogether, it's not quite there.

I have discovered an American beer that is very low alcohol, called Shipyard Low Tide.

I have to say that this is completely against my prejudices. But supped from the fridge it is exceedingly tolerable and refreshing. Much of the taste of beer with none of the downside. Of course, if you want to avoid alcohol altogether, it's not quite there.
Most American beer is piss water anyhow. I have tried loads of zero stuff. Even the one's which I really like when it has the alcohol in . Personally I highly recommend erdinger zero and Guinness zero. That shipyard is probably brewed in mossside mate .

On days like this I’d just love a beer or eleven in a beer garden…..but I’m an alcoholic so don’t even go to the the pub
I've just had a month off the beer and a pub is the last place I would have gone . It's just too tempting and when sober the drunks will bust ya balls. I would prefer a garden centre or take my daughter shopping and they are places I frequent about once every bluemoon. See what I did there ÷)

I've just had a month off the beer and a pub is the last place I would have gone . It's just too tempting and when sober the drunks will bust ya balls. I would prefer a garden centre or take my daughter shopping and they are places I frequent about once every bluemoon. See what I did there ÷)
Old habits die hard, chilling with a few beers in a sunny beer garden…..miss it so much…over 18 months sober for me

Hi all,

Looking for some advice here. I don't drink during the week but whenever there's a planned social event, meeting up with friends, a wedding etc I always go all out and cannot drink enough which ultimately ends up with me doing a range of embarassing things or being rude etc. Hangovers have got much worse and affect my mental capabilities for days after. I do think it's time to give it up alltogether really.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Hi all,

Looking for some advice here. I don't drink during the week but whenever there's a planned social event, meeting up with friends, a wedding etc I always go all out and cannot drink enough which ultimately ends up with me doing a range of embarassing things or being rude etc. Hangovers have got much worse and affect my mental capabilities for days after. I do think it's time to give it up alltogether really.

Any advice would be much appreciated,
Best advice I can give you is to really take it one day at a time. Cliche I know but it is oh so true. I am coming up to 700 days sober on Wednesday and my life has improved immeasurably in so many different way.

It is really difficult especially when you are doing something that you previously associated with drinking. You just have to really stick at it and really want it for yourself. No one can do it for you the strength has to come within.

I have found other hobbies such as running, walking, photography etc. honestly life is so much better without the stuff you won’t regret it mate.

Good luck

Had a few pains in abdomen the last few mths, had some scans and I've got liver scarring. I drink quite a lot and regularly. Although I do have break. But I am now considering giving up the booze completely, I'm a regular down our local, I enjoy that so will have to go No Alcohol beer. Any advice tips welcome.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.