Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

Well done all. I've actually had a few moments this week where I've thought about a drink, I think it's normal. Currently unemployed temporarily and still on sertraline so if I'm honest, the thought of facing the inevitable hangover in the morning and having to wrestle with those two circumstances seemed like too much. I didn't do it. I knew what was gonna happen. I had my mind on the spirits from the Christmas hamper, and knew full well it would turn into me staggering to bed at 4am when the mrs is up at 6am for work.

First time in ages I went for a run yesterday.

Great to hear it and thanks for this thread, I’m reading back through it from start now as there was some important info I missed.

Do you feel better for it?
Yes I feel better, but obviously not as good as when I was dry.
In some ways moderating yourself is more difficult than giving up completely, or so I've found.
There's a danger the intake could creep up again, but so far it seems to be working.
Everyone is different, whatever works is good.

Yes I feel better, but obviously not as good as when I was dry.
In some ways moderating yourself is more difficult than giving up completely, or so I've found.
There's a danger the intake could creep up again, but so far it seems to be working.
Everyone is different, whatever works is good.
I definitely agree with this, all or nothing for me

100% gone off drinking

Love a couple pints and then want more …. Then it hits a stage where I just feel full up, it doesn’t taste or go down nicely and feel shit the next day

Totally not worth it

My sleep has improved ten fold even with a newborn. Knackered by midnight these days.

Back training and going on walks.

100% gone off drinking

Love a couple pints and then want more …. Then it hits a stage where I just feel full up, it doesn’t taste or go down nicely and feel shit the next day

Totally not worth it
I am reminded of the old saying used by drinkers when I was in my teens that sort of justified having a hangover. It went along the lines of, 'Imagine waking up without a sore head and thinking that was the best you were going to feel all day.'

Well I for one am nowadays really enjoying the fact that I feel at my best all the time, every day!

My test is this week. They had 25% off 6 bottles at Tesco so in the trolley they popped. The test will be not having one when I know it’s in the house. Done 8 days booze free this month so far so 26 since Jan 1st. Prob as many as I had in the whole of last year. Still enjoy it when I have it though but so far so good on the 150 booze free days target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.