Alcohol, hints, tips, advice etc.

If you can get into running it’s a great way to avoid the temptation

Sign up for a 10k race or something once a month and you know you have to train for it and you know alcohol will be detrimental for your training. Usually races on a Sunday so Friday/Saturday would be healthy days aswell

I'm a functioning alcoholic. I drink everyday. I still manage work because I'm good at what I do. If you've got on a plane with a trent ten strapped to the wing then there's parts in that engine I've signed off.
I gave up last year for six months. That was weird, nobody noticed.
Anyone else a useless alcoholic like me?
How are you getting on now mate?

Lost a a mate last year to drink, he’s was a functioning alcoholic worked as a painter. He drank every day first thing in a morning I have a brew he was on cider.

He fell poorly at home and was rushed to hospital and died within 10 days, his liver and kidneys packed in. I haven’t had a drink since he passed also stopped smoking rip Matt.

How are you getting on now mate?
I've cut my intake drastically, down to next to nothing in the week. I'm still prone to the odd binge at weekend, but no where near where I was at.
I've cut spirits out completely.
So yeah, I think I'm pointing the right way, trying to establish my new "normal" instead of daily excess it's daily moderation.
Thanks for asking pal.

I've cut my intake drastically, down to next to nothing in the week. I'm still prone to the odd binge at weekend, but no where near where I was at.
I've cut spirits out completely.
So yeah, I think I'm pointing the right way, trying to establish my new "normal" instead of daily excess it's daily moderation.
Thanks for asking pal.
Great to hear it and thanks for this thread, I’m reading back through it from start now as there was some important info I missed.

Do you feel better for it?

My achievements are not as impressive as many, but i acknowledge the battle is against myself not others. That's me one third of OYNB completed and enjoying it. I'd be lying to say I don't miss the taste of certain drinks, I absolutely loved the taste but Guinness 0 has been an absolute god send to be fair. Now I just have one or two Guiness 0 for the taste instead of smashing 12. I miss the taste of a Malt Whisky (especially the peaty ones) but won't let that get in the way (again) of my goals.
My focus has been on lifting weights, not pints to improve my health, been smashing it in the gym, lost 15Kg whilst significantly improving muscle to fat ratio. I know it's a long battle ahead but want to thank all on here for your wise words and support for one another. Great community bluemoon
If you miss lager, try Corona cero. Its the best zero alcohol I have tasted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.