Aldi and booze

kp789 said:
Aphex said:
Helmet Cole said:
+1 on toro loco. You have to be quick since the Guardian spilt the beans the socially acceptable middle-class alcoholics have been buying it by the boot load.

I have been looking for a decent red, I'll give that a shot.. If its not been quaffed by some south west ****.
For the price it is super. If not, try the tesco wine offers, there is always one on offer for usually under a fiver.

Cheers. Have a tesco express around the corner but tend to avoid it 'cause of the price.

Aphex said:
kp789 said:
Aphex said:
I have been looking for a decent red, I'll give that a shot.. If its not been quaffed by some south west ****.
For the price it is super. If not, try the tesco wine offers, there is always one on offer for usually under a fiver.

Cheers. Have a tesco express around the corner but tend to avoid it 'cause of the price.
I work in an express, but we still have some good deals on wine. Offers to look out for are a berberana rioja which is outstanding but usually very expensive. Hardy's usually gets put on offer as does isla negra and ogio, all fantastic £10 wines. Literally just head for the wine section and look for the yellow labels, if there isnt much there then look at the front of the store on the aisle fronts, thats where the offers usually are displayed. Let me know how you get on!

Tesco express is generally shit. It's where you pay over £10 for isla negra and hardys crest, so they can legally say its half price when you pay a fiver in their main stores

Helmet Cole said:
Tesco express is generally shit. It's where you pay over £10 for isla negra and hardys crest, so they can legally say its half price when you pay a fiver in their main stores
We have it on at half price when the big stores do....

Chateauneuf-du-Pape is a tender in Aldi. Great red wine and a bargain.

kp789 said:
Aphex said:
kp789 said:

I work in an express, but we still have some good deals on wine. Offers to look out for are a berberana rioja which is outstanding but usually very expensive. Hardy's usually gets put on offer as does isla negra and ogio, all fantastic £10 wines. Literally just head for the wine section and look for the yellow labels, if there isnt much there then look at the front of the store on the aisle fronts, thats where the offers usually are displayed. Let me know how you get on!

Cheers mate. Like Hardys, winemakers release ( even thought that sounds a little weird to me)

I will nip in, Ta.

Aphex said:
kp789 said:
Aphex said:

Cheers mate. Like Hardys, winemakers release ( even thought that sounds a little weird to me)

I will nip in, Ta.
Offers will come and go, its worth just popping in ever so often just to check cause sometimes the offers are great, other times not so

kp789 said:
Aphex said:
kp789 said:

I will nip in, Ta.
Offers will come and go, its worth just popping in ever so often just to check cause sometimes the offers are great, other times not so

Isla Negra merlot is great and when it's a fiver a bottle even more so!

kp789 said:
Helmet Cole said:
We have it on at half price when the big stores do....

As an employee I accept your word on that, but it seems these offers are on quite a lot on these two wines in the express yet permanently on 'offer' in the big stores?

Just opened a new Aldi in Urmston wifey turns her nose up at it, i will be in there tomorrow like a rat up a drainpipe, havnt got a Barbour though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.