Aldi or posher supermarkets

W W

worsleyweb

I normally buy our food from sainsburys or marks but our food bills are outrageous. Bought myself tea from aldi ancoats tonight and have just finished it. Less than 5 quid for steak. Potatoes and veg!

Decided from now on its aldi midweek and posh shops for weekends.

Looking at the queues in aldi! Think more people are doing this.

worsleyweb said:
I normally buy our food from sainsburys or marks but our food bills are outrageous. Bought myself tea from aldi ancoats tonight and have just finished it. Less than 5 quid for steak. Potatoes and veg!

Decided from now on its aldi midweek and posh shops for weekends.

Looking at the queues in aldi! Think more people are doing this.

The data shows the smart shopper is doing exactly this, staples, basics etc are as good or better and much cheaper at aldi or lidl and the luxury items are better in variety and quality at the upmarket ones. Tescos and sainsburys suffering in the market as people are spending the same money 50% at Aldi and 50% at wait rose rather than 100%bat tesco. On what it sells aldi's own brands often have higher specs than big brand products!

i buy everything at marks and sparks and then go to john lewis and buy new forks and knives cos we cant afford a dishwasher

Farmfoods, Tesco and then local butchers/greengrocers/corner shop for me.

Two of us here and we do about £120 to £150 a month in food shopping, and I'd like to think we eat pretty well

Aldi's wine selection is very good. They have medal winning wines at low low prices.
My favourite is the Toro Loco Tempranillo. Less than £4. Lovely

One thing that I can say for certainty is that you get a fuck sight more for your money than you did 30 years ago.
TVs, clothes, food, booze and babysitters.

Aldi is popular here in Oz, and they look exactly the same as they do in UK

I even drink their coffee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.