Aldi or posher supermarkets

Gaylord du Bois said:
One thing that I can say for certainty is that you get a fuck sight more for your money than you did 30 years ago.
TVs, clothes, food, booze and babysitters.

My first VHS video recorder in 1977 was £575....probably over £2500 in today's money.

They were selling them new in Tesco's around ten years ago for £40.

Colour TV's in 1973 were £175. CRT in an old fashioned wooden cabinet...21/23" ....around £1500 in today's money.

Flat screen 50" today about £400.........

All monetary amounts approx., but you get the idea.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
One thing that I can say for certainty is that you get a fuck sight more for your money than you did 30 years ago.
TVs, clothes, food, booze and babysitters.

My first VHS video recorder in 1977 was £575....probably over £2500 in today's money.

They were selling them new in Tesco's around ten years ago for £40.

Colour TV's in 1973 were £175. CRT in an old fashioned wooden cabinet...21/23" ....around £1500 in today's money.

Flat screen 50" today about £400.........

All monetary amounts approx., but you get the idea.

I actually saw 50" Hi Def in Aldi yeterday for $499 (250 quid)

Damocles said:
Farmfoods, Tesco and then local butchers/greengrocers/corner shop for me.

Two of us here and we do about £120 to £150 a month in food shopping, and I'd like to think we eat pretty well

ha ha fotgot about farm foods. quality in there. only get bits but yeh good shout.

Most of the time I'll actually go out of my way to go to Tesco or morrisons over Sainsbury's. I just find I buy around the same stuff from there but end up paying shit loads more . Their homeware section is good though. I also find its full of twats that think they're above it and posh just because they shop there . Waitrose must be awful !.

Haven't given aldi much of a go as I don't eat meat and always assumed their meat substitute variety is pretty low ?.

cooperman45 said:
Aldi's wine selection is very good. They have medal winning wines at low low prices.
My favourite is the Toro Loco Tempranillo. Less than £4. Lovely

Think I've tried that. Their Bordeaux is good too. I also like their Prosecco, Belletti I think it's called. Yellow label. Very nice.

Their cooked meats section is far more interesting than the mainstream supermarkets. They've up their game of late in terms of quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.