Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was okay and clearly has sound technique, but let's not get carried away.

He has intelligence to receive the ball between the lines but didn't think he was the stand-out last night, barring the full debut goal and the allowance for his age.

Thought Navas and Clichy were both ahead of him.

Still far too early to start stating he will save us £40m.

Have you seen much of him in the EDS?

I think he's more than shown his potential in his first two games for the first team, as he was impressive against Chelsea last season. As others have said, you can't teach the qualities that he already has, and with Pep coaching him on his weaknesses he could become a Xabi Alonso-style player.

I've seen a lot of him and I've no doubt he'll become a top class footballer, whether that's with us or somewhere else.

Read a headline that pep is giving him tuition only to find out the journalist was just assuming like every one else.

Good feet and positioning, but it was very noticeable how we weren't hounding and pressuring Swansea like we have in our other games this season. Angelinho looked lost in an unfamiliar position and Fernando isn't as mobile as Fernandinho, so it is hard to judge whether Garcia has the mobility and work ethic that has typified our new approach, when assessing him in what isn't our 'first choice' midfield.
Decent start though.

I would loan him out to another PL team from January, just to make sure he is getting minutes.
What will he learn there? How to hoof the ball? Besides, he's too small for an average PL team. I think his physique could be a problem. He's certainy not Xabi Alonso atm.

There are some other PL teams who play on the ground and not hoof ball.
PL is a bad place for skilled youngsters, IMO. Too fast, physical and headless. It's no coincidence that England is struggling with youth development. Spain might be better for loans.
Promoting our farm club (Girona?) to La Liga and loaning youngsters there would be ideal.
As for Garcia, I think he doesn't need to be loaned out at all - he'll have enough minutes this season. Pep knows what to do with youngsters, take Thiago as an example. He made his debut for Barca at the same age. If Garcia is worth it, he'll play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.