Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was okay and clearly has sound technique, but let's not get carried away.

He has intelligence to receive the ball between the lines but didn't think he was the stand-out last night, barring the full debut goal and the allowance for his age.

Thought Navas and Clichy were both ahead of him.

Still far too early to start stating he will save us £40m.

He has more than sound technique. He's a brilliant passer of the ball. Not just good, but brilliant. And he's smart.

It might not be enough for City, as he's not so athletic as our other mids, but it's probably near enough to what Kroos would do, to prevent us spunking a load of money on him.

So after watching that compilation posted on the other page it seems he's comfortable on the ball and happy to recieve it in tight positions. A lot of it was short passes under no real pressure but you can see the intelligence in his movement when he's dropping into space to get possession then darting forward to do the same. A couple of his longer passes went astray and after hearing how poor Willy was with the ball(still not seen the game) he probably needs to stop giving it to him..
Other than that a well taken goal which is always nice when you're a kid and a mostly assured performance considering the lack of top notch quality around him. Bit early to judge at this stage wherever he's going to be a fabulous success yet but the signs were positive.

So after watching that compilation posted on the other page it seems he's comfortable on the ball and happy to recieve it in tight positions. A lot of it was short passes under no real pressure but you can see the intelligence in his movement when he's dropping into space to get possession then darting forward to do the same. A couple of his longer passes went astray and after hearing how poor Willy was with the ball(still not seen the game) he probably needs to stop giving it to him..
Other than that a well taken goal which is always nice when you're a kid and a mostly assured performance considering the lack of top notch quality around him. Bit early to judge at this stage wherever he's going to be a fabulous success yet but the signs were positive.

He's also got a vicious shot on him, but doesn't score many goals. Something that could & should be improved a lot imo. Then his value to the team rockets.

I still see comparisons with Lampard.

It's his composure,intelligence and vision that impresses most,you cant teach that.

The hardest part is going to be getting him minutes though. i dont think he's quite ready for premiership starts as in that position you need to hit the ground running.

Where he could see a role, but mightn't be best for his development, is as a cooler. Send him on with 10-15 mins to go to control the tempo and just play the simple passes to keep possession, much like Paddy V/Javi Garcia did for us.

I think his next appearance is crucial for him. If he performs like that again, Fernando and Delph could face a Kelechi/Bony moment and be pushed down on the ladder. If he doesn't get good minutes before Delph returns, he could end up having to wait a bit for his next game.

Aleix Garcia on the derby: "It's going to be a great game to play, I will try to work hard so Pep gives me another chance for that game."

He was okay and clearly has sound technique, but let's not get carried away.

He has intelligence to receive the ball between the lines but didn't think he was the stand-out last night, barring the full debut goal and the allowance for his age.

Thought Navas and Clichy were both ahead of him.

Still far too early to start stating he will save us £40m.

Yeah we have seen it all before over the seasons with young players. I think last night he done well took the goal well passed it well. When everyone is fit and going full tilt he will not make many first team squads this season. I think come January we may see him being loaned out and getting first team football regular football a bit like Byrne last season he needs to going to the Dutch league team in my opinion more time on the ball. Rather than staying here in the hope of getting a few minutes if we have a injury crisis.

Aleix Garcia on the derby: "It's going to be a great game to play, I will try to work hard so Pep gives me another chance for that game."
First names terms with the boss? I don't think so, Boss or Gaffa if you don't mind Aleix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.