Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would loan him out to another PL team from January, just to make sure he is getting minutes.
I can't really imagine any other team playing him enough to make it worth losing the training sessions under Pep and Arteta. As far as the teams who might actually play him, in the second half they will be thinking about staying up and little else and won't put much stock into playing an on loan 19 year old.

I can't really imagine any other team playing him enough to make it worth losing the training sessions under Pep and Arteta. As far as the teams who might actually play him, in the second half they will be thinking about staying up and little else and won't put much stock into playing an on loan 19 year old.
And what team might it be? I can't see any bar Bournemouth.

Had an excellent game, the highlights show how comfortable he was on the ball. They also show how static the rest of the team were - he was the man they looked to in order for something to happen. An exciting performance, put him in the first team with Sterling, De Bruyne, Nolito, Aguero for example and I think he'd comfortably sit there and keep the game moving.

the long balls are beautiful. Some of the passing is a bit pointless and if i'm looking for gaps I'd like to see him dribble through space a bit more as it's pretty much always receive ball, head up, play a pass. Nothing particularly wrong with that but at this level you can't be too predictable.

But he certainly looks the part. He wants to sit deep and spray balls around which means he'll have to play a pivot. I suspect it's hard for Pep to trust him there due to the defensive importance of that position in this system so we've seen him played a bit more forward than he'd probably be ideally. You can see how he is willing to both show for teammates and play to them in tight spaces, which is awesome, but you also see him making himself available deeper than he made his last pass which makes a lot of sense as a 6 but not as an 8.

Young kid and you can see the natural talent. Maybe one of those i'm most excited by -- the things he's good at are incredibly hard to teach.
I wanted to add my own 2 cents on his performance and came across yours before I got to it and I agree.

This was his first appearance and while he was very good on the ball and looked super comfortable, I don't think he was completely himself as he was playing a bit cautious (which I completely understand.) He wants to sit deep and spray the balls around and with the exception of the one I can remember that went across the entire field and landed at someone feet, he seemed to be playing the short passes to players around him and concentrated on just maintaining possession.

I do think he may be a defensive liability for a longtime because he seems to lack an explosiveness from what I saw. Hopefully he starts or gets major minutes in all cup games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.