Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays such a deep role. Always shows for the ball but his instincts are such that he seems like he can only really play the pivot.

His touch and weight of pass are quite advanced for his age. I really hope we can give him some more match time in a non deadatch to see if he can dictate and push tempo from deep.

He plays such a deep role. Always shows for the ball but his instincts are such that he seems like he can only really play the pivot.

His touch and weight of pass are quite advanced for his age. I really hope we can give him some more match time in a non deadatch to see if he can dictate and push tempo from deep.
I am of course in no way saying he is any where near the same level at present but the way he runs, passes, and positions himself (as well as those "barely look" sliderule balls) does look very similar to a certain Italian deep-lying playmaker who currently wears sky blue elsewhere.

Luckily he is gifted with more defensive nous and pace.

Think Pep's plan was to introduce him off the bench in games where we're winning comfortably, like Bournemouth in September. Sadly there haven't been many comfortable wins recently. You don't want him to be the one to make a mistake that leads to a goal when we're 2-1 up. But a few more performances like yesterday and we will see more of him and hopefully he will get closer to becoming a regular for us perhaps next season. It's encouraging that he hasn't been sent out on loan.

Aleix impressed me again last night. Despite his age and lack of experience, he does look very at home in this team whenever i see him play. It was good to see him try to be a bit more progressive with his passing and encouraging that one the one occasion i do remember him giving the ball away, he was very quick to win it back.

I think we could have a real player on our hands if we can keep finding opportunities to give him some game-time. Hopefully we get an easier draw in the next round of the FA Cup which would enable us to play him from the start without it seeming too much of a risk. I think it makes sense to keep trying to get him on the pitch for some experience once games are relatively safe, but at some point before the season is out, i'd hope to see how he fares in more testing circumstances. He won't really ever break through into the team for real until we know we can count on him under pressure, but i'd say his willingness to get on the ball every time he plays shows good signs and his technique seems pretty flawless.

looks a prospect, calm and comfortable on the ball, as the poster above says, be interesting to see how he would cope when his play needs to count, but looks good

Great to see him get some minutes, I like the way he plays even the simplest pass in front of a teammate which gets us moving forward. Hope he can make the breakthrough because he clearly has the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.