Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest ever turnaround in a player's fortunes?

I personally always liked the guy and thought he got a rough deal from fans, but I didn't see this central defender thing coming.
Same here, I never felt he was as bad as some on here made out but I could never have seen him as a CB. That's Pep for you.

Can't believe the transformation with him. The thing is, he has shown glimpses of this before, e.g. His partnership down the left with Raheem for the misleading first 5 games of last season.

He's been played in central defence, left back, and even had a stint in central midfield against BMG when clichy came on, and seems to be one of the first names on the team sheet along with Fernandinho atm.

He always had technical ability but never seemed mentally switched on a lot of the time, especially Soton away last year. But it's great to see him doing so well, and the thing is, Pep won't allow his performance levels to drop as has happened in the past.

What Pep has done is simply to identify Kolarov's key strengths and put him in a position where he can use them and is encouraged to use them and Kola has responded magnificently. I think Damo said it on one of his podcasts with Billy that if you thought about it, it was so obvious that Kola would make a better CB than LB in a Pep team but it was Pep that thought of it.

MOTD said he had 103 touches. More than anyone else.

Not sure of his passing accuracy but some of the passes he made were sublime.

His accuracy was very good considering the number of long balls and some of those that will have counted as inaccurate on the stats were very close to their mark; also he put in a brilliant cross that needed a better response from his team mates; a fate that befell Clichy twice too.

Another player who is very good at these long diagonal passes that change defence to attack, ironically, is Pogba. That was one of the reasons I wanted him here. Maybe we've got a player in Kolarov that does what he does albeit from the centre back position rather than DM.

Simply wow, under pep I will find it very difficult to ever call a player as shit over any given period of time, having said that I think wilf was a lost cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.