Alen Halilovic - remember this name

LoveCity said:
Matt the Giant said:
These kind of signings are really exciting. I just hope we turn out to be a club where such young players continue to develop instead of becoming a road block in their careers.

Some serious talent we've brought in lately, now all eyes are on our youth system as there is no way the likes of Rekik and Suarez would fail to become special in an academy like Ajax's. Hope a bunch of them make it.

I agree. It's just that currently, it looks close to impossible to break into our first squad unless you already are class. I hope our philosophy changes a bit, give the young ones game time in domestic cups, more like Arsene does at Arsenal.

Exciting signing if it happens.
Hopefully will follow a similar path to Nastasic rather than some of the younger lads mentioned.

LoveCity said:
Senior Manchester City officials are set to fly to Croatia later this week to broker a deal with Dinamo Zagreb for wonderkid Alen Halilovic.

Halilovic, who was also linked with Manchester United earlier this year, became Dinamo's youngest ever player when he made his first-team debut in September aged 16 years and 102 days.

The 16-year-old's stock has soared in recent months, and he has even been likened to Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi.

He turned in another superb performance last weekend, scoring a spectacular goal against Zadar in the Croatian league.

City are keen to sign Halilovic and will send a three-man delegation to Zagreb later this week in a bid to thrash out a deal for the playmaker.

what's the sauce LC

edit: talksport. Meh.

If we get him hopefully he's better than the Israeli Messi we had...

Dinamo Zegreb have another talented player, I don't know his name but his number is 8.

Looks like more skillful Modric.

Matt the Giant said:
LoveCity said:
Matt the Giant said:
These kind of signings are really exciting. I just hope we turn out to be a club where such young players continue to develop instead of becoming a road block in their careers.

Some serious talent we've brought in lately, now all eyes are on our youth system as there is no way the likes of Rekik and Suarez would fail to become special in an academy like Ajax's. Hope a bunch of them make it.

I agree. It's just that currently, it looks close to impossible to break into our first squad unless you already are class. I hope our philosophy changes a bit, give the young ones game time in domestic cups, more like Arsene does at Arsenal.

nah, how many academy players have arsenal actually brought through? who are any good?

i'd rather play 2 or 3 in a few league games off the bench over a whole season rather than throwing 8 all together and starting a game that they get battered in. the last time we did this it failed and half that team have left (west brom league cup)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.