Alex Sandro

For opposition and neutral fans perhaps, but not if you're the one playing and winning!

Obviously different players have different motivations and career goals, so maybe you're right and he would be seeking a new challenge (particularly if Juve finally go on to win the CL), but logically leaving the club to go anywhere bar Real Madrid/Bayern/Barcelona would be a step down (and even the latter is debatable).

I don't know if this is indicative of anything or not, but a potential Alex Sandro move away hasn't been reported at all in the Italian media (to my knowledge, at least).

If he does join City, you guys will be getting a fantastic full-back, one of the very best in the world.

Yeah as you note it's highly dependant on how the player feels, obviously someone like bonucci is not going to leave but somebody like pogba might fancy a change
Wish you luck in the champions league, hope you batter real

No chance. I would suggest if we're targeting Sandro heavily it's because we know we can't get Bonucci.

That would be my take on it. No way Juve sell us half their defence. Much as I'd love us to get Bonucci, I've long had doubts that he would make the move when push comes to shove.

I currently watch far less of other teams than I used to but Sandro is a player who caught my eye last year and seems like he would be ideal for what Pep wants.

As a Juve fan, I'm not sure why Juve would even consider selling Alex Sandro. Top class left-backs are hard to come by (Juve hadn't had one since Zambrotta), he's one of the first names on the teamsheet and he's at a good age, playing well and only getting better. I'm also not sure why Alex Sandro would want to leave, unless there was some astronomical contract offer on the table.

Totally agree with this. He certainly doesn't sound like a player pressing for a move away

That would be my take on it. No way Juve sell us half their defence. Much as I'd love us to get Bonucci, I've long had doubts that he would make the move when push comes to shove.

I currently watch far less of other teams than I used to but Sandro is a player who caught my eye last year and seems like he would be ideal for what Pep wants.

Yeah i've remained skeptical on the Bonucci situation. He's got a young family and seems so settled in Turin. Just can't see it. Hard to prize big Italian players from big Italian clubs.

I appreciate that some people are interested in discussing what players are worth, sometimes I am too. I just find it weird that people get so angry about players valuations. I can't count how many times i've read on here "FFS, we're paying how much, he's not worth that" as if it's remotely possible to tell "worth" BEFORE you've bought a player. Inevitably if a player is a success nobody will ever look at their transfer fee. And if they're a failure whether they cost 50 million or 5 million they'll get the same dog's abuse. Best to let the club decide what they are prepared to pay IMO and not get involved in arbitrary number games where you say "he's not 50 but he's worth 30". Who gives a fuck really.

As long as we can afford to buy the players we need, individual valuations are not, imo, worth getting worked up about. Also, there's so many variables involved when you review the overall picture, it is hard to say whether it mattered in the grand scheme of things that we overpaid for player X.

If I had to point to one case of spending too much in that sense it would be when we bought Nando and Mangala. The budget was very limited then and surely could have been better spent.

Agree with all of that mate. We should get more for our players so I went conservative due to their wages? We need to use our connection to China to get some big offers in and hopefully get the players to go there? Nasri likes big money so I wonder if he could be tempted? If so am sure we could blah £30-40m for him alone! ;-)

I see where your coming from, some may be hard to get a price for given their wages. The wage savings will be astronomical this summer given the player sales and players out of contract. Really happy about this and puts in a great bargaining position when attracting prospective players.

I agree, would love to sell some players to China. Given our connections there, we should be really making more sales. Definitely Nasri could be one of them. Would love to get that fee for him, easily possible in China!!

I appreciate that some people are interested in discussing what players are worth, sometimes I am too. I just find it weird that people get so angry about players valuations. I can't count how many times i've read on here "FFS, we're paying how much, he's not worth that" as if it's remotely possible to tell "worth" BEFORE you've bought a player. Inevitably if a player is a success nobody will ever look at their transfer fee. And if they're a failure whether they cost 50 million or 5 million they'll get the same dog's abuse. Best to let the club decide what they are prepared to pay IMO and not get involved in arbitrary number games where you say "he's not 50 but he's worth 30". Who gives a fuck really.

You only have to look back at when we bought Fernandinho for 34 million a lot turned there noses up at that fee for what was a relative unknown for that price but he helped us win the premiership and 2 league cups in 4 years.

Yeah i've remained skeptical on the Bonucci situation. He's got a young family and seems so settled in Turin. Just can't see it. Hard to prize big Italian players from big Italian clubs.

Yup, it does seem to be particularly difficult to get extricate the top Italian players away from their home comforts.

If we sign this guy, and I believe we will, he'll be the best LB in the league by some distance. That's how good he is. I'm also convinces he could play either the LCB role or the LWB in a back three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.