Alexander Kolarov

I also think Kolarov is being underrated. We have to let the players have a go at getting used to playing english football. Kolarov wasnt stunning last season but he wasnt as poor as some would say. When he is attacking he is a larger threat by far than Clichy, and his defending isnt that much poorer.

Even if Clichys defending when running against a winger is better, he seems to stop the crosses more often than Kolarov, I think that Clichy sometimes can be a bit careless with the ball.

Attacked well yesterday. Defended poor yesterday.

Still not good enough, slow, can't defend and decision making is terrible at times.

His crossing has improved this season to be fair to him but still poor and imo third best left back still.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bobbymanc said:
I think that Kolarov could be our Gareth Bale, he has the speed and ability! Your thoughts?

Yes, he all those attributes, apart from speed and ability

Absolute fool. How many chances did he create last night, how many against Villareal? Do you even watch the games or just long for the days when we were shit so your constant moaning was actually relevant. Give it up mate. Your posts on here show you to be a fool time & time again.
How's your Mancini out campaign going? Still want Hughes back?
Clueless absolutely clueless, you truly don't deserve to watch us play.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
Grand Master Ram Rod said:

Still not good enough, slow, can't defend and decision making is terrible at times.

His crossing has improved this season to be fair to him but still poor and imo third best left back still.

He defended better in the semi final against United at left back than Zaba did at right back, so I guess 3 best left back is still up for debate. Was also better last night than Zaba.

As someone has pointed out, we conceded joint least in the league last season with him being the first choice left back. Yesterday I thought he did well defensively. Was very smart at times e.g the little header from a dangerous cross to make sure noone got on the end.

As someone else pointed out, the only bad thing about him is his pace. Clichy has it and it makes him better defensively against wingers. But Kolarov offers more going forward.

shikariblue said:

As someone has pointed out, we conceded joint least in the league last season with him being the first choice left back. Yesterday I thought he did well defensively. Was very smart at times e.g the little header from a dangerous cross to make sure noone got on the end.

As someone else pointed out, the only bad thing about him is his pace. Clichy has it and it makes him better defensively against wingers. But Kolarov offers more going forward.
I'll admit he's very slowly improving (although it's not hard from last season), I'm just not sure he'll ever improve enough to be City standard.

We looked better in defence last year with Zab at left back. I think most clean sheets would have been from when Micah-Vinnie-Lescott-Zab were the back four.

This season we have Clichy, who's better than him at just about everything apart from wellying the ball dead, dead hard.

We looked better in defence last year with Zab at left back. I think most clean sheets would have been from when Micah-Vinnie-Lescott-Zab were the back four.

Made 27 starts in the PL, so discounting his injury he started pretty much every game and that defence certainly didn't keep most of the clean sheets.

BlueJill said:
ramsdale4 said:
He come in for a bit of stick wince he joined the club but I really think that since the arrival of Clichy, he's really upped his game. Defensively he's been sound and he's making the right decisions when he constantly rampaging down the left side now.

Hope he begins to get the praise he deserves from our fans now.

I frankly think this sentiment is bullshit. Kolarov had a serious injury in his first game in a new country in the toughest league in the world. He played well last year. Perhaps not as well as he is playing this year but as well if not better than should have been expected.

You simply can't judge a player until they have had time to settle with a new team. This is true for Mario, Kolarov, Milner, Dzeko and Boateng. All were slated mercilessly and all are showing their true class now.

This business about upping his game because Clichy is here now is a cheap way of avoiding the truth. Many many people got it dead wrong on a number of players last year.

You make a good point to be honest. He wasn't as bad as many made him out to be last season and considering the points you made (new club, new country, injuries etc) he didn't do to badly at all.

I do still think that he has improved since arrival of Clichy though.

shikariblue said:

I'll admit he's very slowly improving (although it's not hard from last season), I'm just not sure he'll ever improve enough to be City standard.

This season we have Clichy, who's better than him at just about everything apart from wellying the ball dead, dead hard.

I can only remember the derby at OT when this was the line-up. The one where Nani took the piss and Rooney's freak goal. Don't get me wrong, I love Zabba, but he is a much better RB. Very harsh to say he is shit and not City standard (agreed that Clichy is better though). I also don't think it's down to you knowing about football, I just think you hate the guy for a few bad games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.