Yes and all can damage a nations reputation.
Which is somewhat of a cliche. What does a damaged reputation created by politicians or their leaders do? Well people trade with such lovely damaged places like China the States the Saudis

People still flocked to Rome New York and London under 3 cretinous leaders.

And these are just a few examples. Literally no.one in the real world is going to view Britain any different because of a backtracking of a deal.

Money talks and people like to visit places. Your genuine concern for our rep is nice but don't fret my friend:-)

There are lots of Johnson arse lickers on twitter saying what a great speech he gave in the HoC yesterday - problems are

1/ He finds it much easier when he is reading a script of pre-prepared statements - he was really found wanting when he had to think on his feet at PMQ's etc
2/ A number of people did it much better after him - the posters just chose to ignore them. Even Mayday came across as a decent standup when pushed.

Which is somewhat of a cliche. What does a damaged reputation created by politicians or their leaders do? Well people trade with such lovely damaged places like China the States the Saudis

People still flocked to Rome New York and London under 3 cretinous leaders.

And these are just a few examples. Literally no.one in the real world is going to view Britain any different because of a backtracking of a deal.

Money talks and people like to visit places. Your genuine concern for our rep is nice but don't fret my friend:-)
I am genuine hilts, in anything I ve posted in here.
What I will say is that he has damaged your reputation over here. I am aware that most on here will feel, so what? That’s your problem.

I don’t wish to antagonise anyone on here either, in saying that. I’m just offering an outside perspective.

Ireland’s and Britain’s peoples are so intrinsically intertwined. We are all probably related if you go back a number of generations and yet we seem to see things so differently at times.
Currently all the excellent work that your late Queen did in reparations between both cultures and how we view history back in 2011, just seems to be ebbing away.
Your government cannot be trusted. How do you negotiate with that.
They pander to whatever opinion keeps them in power (DUP for example).

I had gone through a long period of staying out of the political threads as much as possible as, especially since Brexit, I found my lack of understanding of ‘What the hell IS British?’ only getting more baffling.
So if by saying Boris is damaging your reputation I need to define who I mean by ‘Your’, I suppose I’m talking about the external perception of GB/UK rather than all who sail in her.

Perhaps it’s just my perception and who cares, but if anyone does care, it is a perception I come across a lot over here.

What I will say is that he has damaged your reputation over here. I am aware that most on here will feel, so what? That’s your problem.

I don’t wish to antagonise anyone on here either, in saying that. I’m just offering an outside perspective.

Ireland’s and Britain’s peoples are so intrinsically intertwined. We are all probably related if you go back a number of generations and yet we seem to see things so differently at times.
Currently all the excellent work that your late Queen did in reparations between both cultures and how we view history back in 2011, just seems to be ebbing away.

I had gone through a long period of staying out of the political threads as much as possible as, especially since Brexit, I found my lack of understanding of ‘What the hell IS British?’ only getting more baffling.
So if by saying Boris is damaging your reputation I need to define who I mean by ‘Your’, I suppose I’m talking about the external perception of GB/UK rather than all who sail in her.

Perhaps it’s just my perception and who cares, but if anyone does care, it is a perception I come across a lot over here.
We’re struggling over here at the minute. It’s making us look even more and more insularly.

“Why send foreign aid when our veterans are homeless” etc.

I genuinely think that a lot of people seem to think that if we cut ourselves off from the rest of the world, we would be better off.

We shall see where we go from here, but until the ghosts of Brexit are put to bed, we will be in a merry go round of leaders until someone is honest and sees the source of our issues.

I get all this I really do but all I'm saying is most people don't judge the people by its government. If the people of Ireland think our current govt are useless then they will have plenty over here who will agree. I don't believe it changes the opinion of the brits one way or another and I don't think it's a big issue.

A countries reputation is over stated imho.

If one conducted a thought cloud on the UK and Ireland there maybe a couple more negative words but the over whelming outcome would be similar to what it was a decade ago. Same as other countries.

I get all this I really do but all I'm saying is most people don't judge the people by its government. If the people of Ireland think our current govt are useless then they will have plenty over here who will agree. I don't believe it changes the opinion of the brits one way or another and I don't think it's a big issue.

A countries reputation is over stated imho.

If one conducted a thought cloud on the UK and Ireland there maybe a couple more negative words but the over whelming outcome would be similar to what it was a decade ago. Same as other countries.
We’ve only been thought of as a great country diplomatically until recently.

We’re about to find out what it means to be less respected as our diplomatic figurehead had died and we’ve a new found willingness to renege on deals we’ve just signed.

We’re in new territory as a country. None of us know how it will carry out, but having less gravitas on the world stage cannot be a good thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.